Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I purchased a copy of GC last year. Would be grateful if someone helped me with the following queries. Thanks in advance!

1) When I imagestream, I do see images very clearly - and that is where the problem lies. I am a very detailed person by nature, so I have dozens of things to describe about an object. Where do I stop? When I go into too many details, I do feel bored doing imagestreaming and I start to yawn but I am not sure if that is indication enough to stop.

2) Often, I see a panoramic view of a scene - there are so many things in the scene to describe. Eg If I see a garden, I see a fountain, fence, brick layering, varieties of flowers, cartoon animals etc etc. Which one of these do I focus on to describe? Eg if I focus on the fence, I might start seeing nails, whether they are rusty, termites on the wood, etc etc. I just am overwhelmed by details!!!

Thanks again.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Stop when you're done desribing, when somethng else moves in don't push that aside to keep describing the other object. Start descibing whatever new shows up. Boredom is a sign that you've done enough, as is the theme repeating itself. Try setting a timer for 10 minutes describe what you can in that time limit. It gives you a specific stopping point whether you are finished or not.

2) Just pick a point. What really catches the minds eye in that scene and go into the deatils if rusty nails and splinters become the focal point just keep going with that. You don't miss anything by having moved into details of a specific image. Remember if you have strong feeling like overwhelm from the amount of images you could be describing... start describing that feeling of overwhelm.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved