Posted By: DavinderS Teleseminar - 09/01/05 02:16 AM
Paul mentioned in the teleseminar that depression is the result of a stuck state cycle
where instead of a having a feeling of confusion leading to excellence you insist on a feeling of certainty leading to frustration and helpnesses. [I really wanted to ask paul this, but never got a chance :-( ]

How then knowing this can one use Paraliminals to conqour depression. What else can be done to get over depression?

Posted By: Nickie Re: Teleseminar - 09/01/05 03:49 AM
Alex

Are ya'll going to put a written version on the forum? I was still working when the teleseminar occurred...it was 3 in the afternoon here. Or is there a way to hear a recorded version? I was so sorry I had to miss it.

Thanks
nickie

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Teleseminar - 09/01/05 05:38 AM
Nickie.

They weren't planning to make a transcript before the teleseminar. The rule of the thumb is we have to see how it worked out. Recordings don't always work out as well as we like so we make no promises. See what happens.

DavinderS.

Firstly don't limit it to "conquering Depression. " You wind up creating a battle of will with the self. As Paul has said it's when you have moved to Frustration instead of confusion (something which apparently you might be experiencing right now because you are asking a what next step)

Frustration is a feeling of hopelessness.

Confusion is a feeling of yeah but what comes next. Neither are comfortable but at least when you are confused you are still looking for a solution.

In PhotoReading we try to welcome confusion but also want to steer the learner away from frustration. Here we offer the NOPS model
Notice it, Own it, Play with it, Stay with it.

Natural Brilliance is Release, Notice, Respond and Witness. It's a continuous loop like a juggler balancing spinning plates on sticks. He has to make sure they have enough momentum to keep spinning so he's moving back and forth give the ones that are slwoing down a bit more of a spin.

So how are you going to move out of depression with the Paraliminals? One Paraliminal at a time.

New Options Generator can be a place to start. Remember afterwards you might feel confused it's a borderline balancing act to stay with confusion and not fall into frustration and depression. The Idea is to stick with asking questions and looking for solutions. Asking if I weren't depressed what would I be doing instead? The first thing to do is generate some alternatives. Things you can do differently now. If've you've deen depressed for some time you might not even know the original course. If you do then New History Generator would be the Paraliminal to use to get you back to accepting confusion looking for opportunities to move around the problem.

Next you might need Anxiety Free you've got an idea of what to do.but feeling anxious about whether it will work or not.

Which order you might use the Paraliminals in or which one is best right now is not a definate answer. You are going to be able to make a better guess at that than anyone else.

You know that depression is the result of frustration. Now you know that opportunity to move forward lies in embracing 'frustration's' cousin 'confusion' then you can take the path of action.

It's one step at a time. Like the journey of one thousand steps you have to start with one.

I just had a curious thought. I wonder what would happen if instead of saying "I'm so depressed." one started saying instead, "I'm so confused"? Perhaps using the New History Generator.

Alex

Posted By: uktimal Re: Teleseminar - 09/01/05 09:46 AM
Greetings!

I would just like to add my request to Nickie's - for transcript/recording/... of teleseminar.

We had massive electrical storm S.Coast UK - which tickled my PC in places it should not, so unable to receive email in time
Just got the notification email 01Sept 10.00gmt.

The email sure got me fired up about wanting (needing) to listen to Paul - I just ordered the full library and starting with an 'edge' sure would benefit me...

Alex K.V.

What should we do now - concerning keeping in touch with LSC regards possibility of getting 'any' type of session transcript???

Cheers

Tim

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Teleseminar - 09/01/05 10:44 AM
I can only suggest we wait and see. If a recording becomes available an email will go out.

In the mean time I invite everyone who did listen in on the seminar to shar what they thought was significant to them. Sharing it with others keeps it fresh in your memory.

So why not post what you learned. For the sake of the others who missed out one way or another.

Alex

Posted By: Annapolitan Re: Teleseminar - 09/01/05 12:48 PM
I want to also request the transcript or a recording. I never received the email with the instructions for the teleseminar.

Also, it seems that people always ask the same questions about Paraliminal, i.e.:
- How to use them?
- What sequence?
- How many time to listen a day?
- How to use the sleep tracks?
- When to stop listening to a specific tape?
- Etc
A FAQ would be handy. Or some type of Handbook. I have almost all the Paraliminals and often I am not sure how to use them.
Thanks!

Posted By: tamar Re: Teleseminar - 09/01/05 03:22 PM
I missed the teleseminar also. I stopped using my paraliminals because I didn't feel like I was gaining from them. I am sure I was not doing it wrong. Please let me know if a transcript or tape becomes available.
thank you

Posted By: cjbooze Re: Teleseminar - 09/02/05 06:47 PM
Team,

I was able to make the teleseminar and found it helpful. Perhaps the most significant take-away for me was the strong affirmation by Paul of the importance of intention. Even adding a personal pre-listening affirmation highlighting the purpose of connecting to the proper internal resources necessary to accomplish our goals. I'm embarrassed to note that too often I simply plunked on the headsets, lay back, and went with the flow - the initial intent wasn't very clear, and I think that has inhibited some of my results.

The only CD that I have struggled with, so far, is the Dream Play; I'm looking to enhance my Lucid Dreaming capacity, and I'm hoping that this tip will boost that.

So, Thanks to all who made the call possible, and thanks to those who asked some good questions!

Take care, and have a great weekend!

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/06/05 08:35 PM
Hi All,

I also listened to the teleseminar, which came at the opportune time of 2 days after I received the Ultimate You library, so I’ve been checking out some of the tips Paul gave with a pretty fresh view.

One question: Does anyone have any suggestions for PL(s) that will help with undirected anger? Often when I listen to a PL, for no apparent reason I'll start getting angry. New History Generator seems an obvious choice, but it doesn't help when I can't identify the origin of the anger. Any tips would be welcome.

Regarding the seminar, I agree with cjbooze about the prime importance of establishing intent, and with Alex V. about using one PL at a time to work through an issue. Paul also suggested using multiple PLs to work on the same issue, and if you wanted to listen to more than one in a day, he suggested listening to each session only once that day. (He likened the single session to planting a seed. You wouldn't plant a seed, and then dig it up and plant it again. You'd let it take root and grow, going back later to tend it. So it is with the PLs.)

For example: I have some pounds to lose (ahem!) and the Ideal Weight PL is the obvious place to start as an aid to the general process. I had in fact been listening to it for the two days before the seminar. At Paul's comment, I looked through the other PLs and mapped out a little one-day course: Anxiety-Free (to alleviate fears I have about losing weight), New History Generator (to help me change views that negatively affect my eating and exercise habits), New Behavior Generator (to help me change my ways), and so on.

Since yesterday was a holiday here in the U.S. and I planned to be doing stuff all day at home, I listened to my "seminar" PLs throughout the day with "weight loss" as the connecting intent. Today, I feel different. It's hard to describe. Lighter, somehow (though my scale read the same this morning!), as if I have less to worry about, less need to eat inappropriately. Nothing is different in my life in general, but I feel that I am different. Now I'm paying attention to exactly what may be different, so I can act on the changed attitudes rather than slipping back into my old habits. And I will of course be going back to the PLs, following the instructions.

A note to Tamar:

Paul laughingly said in the seminar that we can't just sit around listening to paraliminals, we have to go out and create our lives. He clearly was speaking "half in jest, full in earnest". I inferred that if we listen to PLs and expect our lives to change for the better, our attitudes will probably change but our lives will not -- unless we take notice of those changes and, day by day, put them into action. Perhaps, Tamar, you weren't doing enough in the follow-up stage. I don't suggest this as a criticism, but as a memory: Some time ago I bought the Anxiety-Free audiotape and, despite following the instructions through numerous playbacks, I didn't see any benefit and I stopped trying. Now I see that I was approaching each session as a cure, not an aid. Perhaps this is not what you were doing, but perhaps it was an element? If it was an element, I urge you to try again using the NOPS and/or Natural Brilliance models that Alex mentions in his post when you start to feel the effects of a PL. I hope this helps.

Pardon the long post. (Teddy Roosevelt pointed out that he could give a 2-hour speech immediately, but it would take a month or so to write a 2-minute one!) I'll end this novel with the request that the good people at LSC consider creating a transcript or summary of the teleseminar for those who weren't able to attend. I also suggest that an FAQ be put together for Ultimate You Library owners because of the many options available to them that aren't necessarily open to people who own one or only a few PLs.

Have a great day!

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/07/05 03:50 PM
Hi All,

Me again. A quick question: I was just looking at some posts and saw one from Grant that mentioned something I must have missed in the teleseminar: Grant said he heard Paul say we should use no more than three paraliminals a day, to avoid overload. Anyone else hear this? I obviously missed it completely, because I used five for my little experiment on Labor Day and had a wonderful result (that, by the way, continues).

Let me know, please.

Thanks.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Teleseminar - 09/07/05 04:24 PM
Most days people wouldn't have time for more than 3. You got to have time for other things as well. As an occasional event 5 Paraliminals would be fine.

Remember it's okay to experiement. It's okay to take the playful approach. However don't think you have to listen to 5 Paraliminals to have great results.

Even 3 Paraliminals in a day need only be an occasional event. Be playful and avoid the the shoulds and must rules. Paraliminals are not like subliminals where you need to listen for 30 days to get results. When you listen with an intent you can notice results within 24 hours.

Alex

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/07/05 06:13 PM
Thanks, Alex. And yes, this was an just an experiment -- who does have time for more than one or two a day?

By the way, I tried Part A of the lucid dreaming recording for the first time and got the best night's sleep I've had in ages! Talk about an immediate result. Unfortunately, I didn't remember anything -- guess Part B is for helping with that.

Any thoughts on a paraliminal to deal with undirected anger?

Thanks.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Teleseminar - 09/08/05 07:02 AM
Undirected anger? I think the term is a bit abstract. Undirected to me implies that you are angry but you're attacking everything but what you are angry about.

However you seem to be asking about unexplained anger. Anger without a knowing why you are angry.

What may be happening is some part of the Paraliminal is trigging a bottled memory. On one hand you're ready to face it on the other you are not... hence the tension that causes anger.

Try the New History Generator with an intention of releasing the tension of the past frustration in the sense of letting it go. You probably don't need to know or deal with it consciously anymore so ask your nonconscious mind to sort it out so you don't need to feel angry about it.

If it isn't from some bottled source then look out for the ah-ha.

Remember you ain't broken and you don't need fixin'. What you want is to do some things differently so it's easier on yourself.

Alex

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/08/05 04:31 PM
Alex,

Yes, you're right about it being "unexplained", so that my feeling is confused, angry frustration, and my response scattershot. I’ll try New History Generator in the manner you describe. I have a lot of childhood amnesia and the paraliminals may indeed be tapping into a bottled memory. Or not. ("Ah-ha" moments are welcome; even when they're painful at first, they’re rewarding in the end.)

Either way, I'll bear in mind that I ain't broke! Like a lot of people, I’ve labored under the false belief that gremlins within are out to get me. Thanks for reminding me and everyone who reads this that the unconscious mind is on the side of the angels.

Danielle

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/13/05 06:59 PM
Hi Alex,

Just a brief note to say thanks for your help in my approaching this unexplained anger of mine. I tried the New History Generator using your tip and, while it didn't uncover the source of the anger (I didn't think it would), it unlocked feelings underneath it, mostly of grief. Now I just have to come up with the courage to face the grief and whatever else comes up!

Come to think of it, can you recommend any paraliminal(s) to help me with that, as well as particular approaches? That seems to be a gift of yours.

Thanks,
Danielle

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Teleseminar - 09/14/05 01:56 AM
My thoughts were Self-Esteem Supercharger, Anxiety Free and Positive Relationships would each help with grief.

In your situation you moved from anger to grief. So my intuition says Positive Relationship would be the the one to use.

Why? You don't know the reason and I did suggest it may not be necessary to know the reason to move on. Anger, often means you want to fend something off, grief is a personal hurt often a result of a loss. It may indicate that you did not have an ideal relationship with someone close, lacked support in a time of crisis. To heal that wound you would need to be able to support yourself. Be there for yourself because in the past the support wasn't there (it may be even you who goofed and you haven't forgiven yourself for that mistake). Remembered or forgotten your younger self was wounded and is still feeling the wound. Your current self needs to allow the wounded self to know it's okay, what ever happened in the past can stay in the past. Whatever wrong you or someone else did you have learned from and nothing needs to be made right, whatever you lost you managed okay anyway and there is no need to blame anyone because it just is as it is.

Support yourself as you would a child who did something silly, got hurt as a consequence and is laid up until the wound is healed. Be relieved because whatever it was, you survived.

After the Positive Relationship Session B, 1 to maybe 3 times, use the Self-Esteem Supercharger Paraliminal.

Alex

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/14/05 04:35 PM
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'll give your suggestions a try and let you know what happens.

I've tried Self-Esteem Supercharger and Anxiety-Free in the past, and both prompted that pesky pop-up anger, but I've shied away from the Positive Relationships paraliminal, probably because I knew intuitively that it would bring up even more stuff from the distant past that I haven't wanted to deal with -- which is funny, since that reluctance is always the best indicator that something needs to be faced!

Thanks again --
Danielle

Posted By: Nickie Re: Teleseminar - 09/15/05 05:18 AM
Danielle

Some questions I often ask myself when I realize I am angry:

1. What do I want that I am not getting?

2. Am I standing up for myself enough?

3. What feeling is under the anger?

The third question about what feeling is under the anger is because I have found that anger often masks hurt. It is much easier for some people to feel anger than to feel hurt. For other people it is easier to feel hurt than anger. I have also found that anger is more active than hurt in that is can explode and move the energy...with hurt I often feel more contracted and it doesn't move outward it tends to implode inward for me. And sometimes I would rather be angry than hurt because it feels like the energy is moving more. You will have to figure out how you manage those emotions. As I have said...I have found answering those questions helpful to me.

Alex has given you some fantastic information. In my time reading this board she is usually right on target and has a gentle way of intuiting what folks are really asking and what they are needing.

I was in a 9 year relationship that ended in early June and I used (and at times still use) the Positive Relationship paraliminal. I have to say this breakup was the easiest I have ever had in my life and I believe a lot of it has to do with that paraliminal. Whenever I would feel crazy about the breakup I would use the paraliminal. I would feel so much better after listening.

Also, for me, the break up triggered all kinds of loss issues...my cat dying 2 years ago, my grandmother's death 18 years ago...both events had unresolved grief around them that got triggered in the grieving of the end of the relationship. The Postive Relationship paraliminal helped with those feelings too.

Good luck to you. My hope for you is that you will practice love and compassion for yourself as you move through this process.
Blessings
Nickie

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/15/05 07:40 PM
Hi Nickie,

Thanks for your time, suggestions and especially for sharing. I wish you the best in dealing with your breakup and the other difficult feelings it has brought up. Losing a relationship after such a long time as nine years is very hard, and I'm glad to hear that the paraliminals are helpful. Good luck!

You spoke about feeling hurt as feeling "contracted" and "it tends to implode inward for me". For me, hurt doesn't implode, which implies a sort of hollowing; is that what you mean? Hurt permeates me, if I let it. It weighs on me and exhausts me, leaving me feeling anything from mildly pouty to ineffectual to worthless. Anger, on the other hand, is as you say, "like the energy is moving more." I've preferred that feeling of energy and power my whole life to the other, but just as locking oneself into any emotion will, it locks out everything else. Knowing this, I've approached anger from various angles over the years, including variations on your three questions. Oh, how I wish there weren't such difficult consequences to answering them!

Mostly those consequences boil down to one thing: How much of myself am I willing to face right now? Alex's responses have so far been, as you say, right on target and very helpful. Now your response adds another dimension, and I thank you both (not to mention Paul and company for the paraliminals!). It's far easier to face difficult matters knowing that all one really has to do is be kind to oneself through the hard parts, accept them, and then let them go. (That is, Kubler-Ross's five steps of grieving pretty much cover it.)

I think what we're all saying is that, ultimately, anyone who feels unexplained anger, or any emotion inappropriate to its setting, has to stop responding reflexively and explore the underlying emotions. If we don't explore our feelings, life will be shallow, boring, unsatisfying, and certainly not much fun. Who wants that!? Not me, and obviously not you.

Good luck and God bless,
Danielle

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/19/05 04:49 PM
Hi Alex,

I wanted to let you know how your advice helped me and to thank you very much indeed!

As you suggested, I tried the New History Generator with the idea of getting under the grief without putting the onus on myself to identify specifics, and I did just that. The second time (of two), I especially remembered your idea of being a good parent to my young self who goofed and hurt herself, etc., and had a breakthrough. No memories came back to explain anything. The day after both sessions, however, I realized major things about general attitudes I and others held in my early life and how that affected me then. More important, and truly astonishing, I realized with felt-thought that I can indeed rewrite my history, using my present self as a kindly good parent and guide, so that things that used to bother me terribly may still bother me somewhat, but now I can effectively deal with them. Just this morning, for example, I did a mental "trial run" of a conversation I know is going to come up (I know this person very well), and instead of getting upset, I imagined myself calmly countering the patronization and then mockery I'm going to hear. By the way, I've done these rehearsals in the past and they've always worked well, so I have no reason to believe this will be any different.

I didn't do Self-Esteem Supercharger because all this made me feel so great about myself it seemed unnecessary. I did listen to Ideal Weight last night and not one angry or sad feeling came up. I really feel back on track. This is so great!! THANK YOU!!!

I hope your life is going well for you too!
Best wishes and God bless,
Danielle

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Teleseminar - 09/19/05 11:08 PM
Thanks you for sharing that.

I think it's great that you did because it goes to show we don't always need to consciously know what went wrong in the past that causes us to behave as we do.

I think that too often we get stuck on trying to figure out why we are the way we are. When the best thing can do is to keep our focus on our goal and remember to nurture our effort.

To me it like standing infront of a map and reading the "You ARE Here" when it's not where I want to be. Then spending a whole lot of time trying to find the way back to the place where we cam from (I obviously didn't think I needed a map back then ). It's not always necessary to the starting point. Looking at the sign I know where I am right now and it gives me a starting point for a different path to my destination. If anyone ask why I'm off course. "me off course???? Never! I'm just taking the scenic route (I just didn't know it would be so bumpy!)

Danielle and all,

A good time to use the Self-Esteem Supercharger is "after" facing a big challenge especially when you succeeded where you thought you would fail and even when you feel you fell short (you're still here so you couldn't have failed but you did learn something). It wasm't a fluke and Self-Esteem Supercharger can help you to own your success. Ever notice a day or so later we start feeling that "it was nothing " Or "I couldn't do that again."? We manage to talk ourselves out of our success. Self-Esteem Supercharger allows us to hold onto the self-esteem we built by facing the challenge.

Alex

Posted By: daBick Re: Teleseminar - 09/20/05 04:35 PM
Hi Alex,

I also appreciate the feedback, and yes, I'll do a Self-Esteem Supercharger since the pattern of "ah shucks, it warn't nothin'" does sound a lot like me. It tends to go down and down: next comes "oh, anybody could do that" and then "it doesn't really matter" and finally, "why did I bother?" So thanks for the reminder....

I also liked your "You Are Here" analogy. Understanding seemingly pervasive anger as a veil, the circle becomes more useful rather than just a point of frustration. I'm a lot less angry than I was only a few days ago. (Speaking of descending rationalizations, I was thinking only this morning, "What if you're just in a good mood and there really hasn't been any change?" Dum-de-dum-dum--DAAA! Self-Esteem Supercharger is definitely in my future today.)

Thanks again,
Danielle

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement