Posted By: Woggles86 Page flipping software...? - 07/07/09 04:25 PM
Does anyone know if there is a program like Adobe Reader that can flip through pages for pdf books at very high speed like 20 to 30 pages a second depending on the screen refresh rate...? Adobe reader can do that but only at like one page per second.

Thanks
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/08/09 01:53 PM
If you find it let me know I'm still tapping the page down key because it's faster. Holding the Key skips pages.

AlexK
Posted By: Woggles86 Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/09/09 09:09 AM
I've searched on Google and can't find anything. Surely software like that must exist? Or even a hack to increase the speed of adobe's auto page turning feature?
Posted By: ZMasterNCreator Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/11/09 01:42 AM
What you can do is convert the pdf file into muliple jpg files and use video editing software. Increasing the speed of the page flipping wouldn't be good because some of the images won't load fast enough. It's better to use video editing software because you don't have to wait for the details of each page to load because the pages are already rendered in the video format. With video editing software it's possible to flip at high speeds without missing any details because a page or two had to load.
Posted By: Woggles86 Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/11/09 11:32 AM
That idea makes the most sense. Would you explain to me how I could change the pdf file into multiple jpg files? Also what video editing software would you recommend? Thanks
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/13/09 06:27 AM
As much as making a film of a book to present it before the eyes faster makes sense. The time spent preparing a book making a jpg of each page of it is longer than photo focusing on the page and hitting the page down key once. Ultimately you could traditionally read the book with less effort \:D

AlexK
Posted By: ZMasterNCreator Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/13/09 03:30 PM
The conversion software converts the pdf pages in sequence with how the pages are presented on acrobat. Windows movie maker picks up on the sequence and automatically puts all the images together in a movie organized by the sequence however many FPS you want. You can make a huge movie of several books, this can be done while you are busy sleeping or doing other tasks.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/14/09 07:19 AM
Curious. What's the purpose of piling and PhotoReading so many books?

AlexK
Posted By: Woggles86 Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/14/09 09:04 PM
What software can you use to convert from pdf to jpeg? I've looked all over and struggling...
Posted By: ZMasterNCreator Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/15/09 08:56 PM
try http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/10921638
Posted By: ZMasterNCreator Re: Page flipping software...? - 07/15/09 11:36 PM
That's not the best one though. That one gives me errors and you should not use that one. I used one that worked like a charm and it was freeware too but i forget the name. I don't feel like searching the web because freeware pdf to jpeg converters are hard to find, very time consuming that is.
Posted By: Dragon911 Re: Page flipping software...? - 08/01/09 05:47 AM
Hi, I found a product called "ACE Reader pro".

It can read pdf files and flash them at very high speeds. I use it when Adobe is too slow for me.

Tom Teaching in China
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement