Posted By: Kyptonite Gimmick? - 07/25/03 05:44 AM
I was referred to this website by someone on another forum. Is this photoreading process a gimmick?

Posted By: Kaiden Re: Gimmick? - 07/24/03 07:34 PM
What do you mean by "gimmick?"

Posted By: Cooter Re: Gimmick? - 07/24/03 08:18 PM
No, it isn't a gimmick. You do have to 'work' at it, but the 'work' is the most fun.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Gimmick? - 07/26/03 12:22 AM
What forum were you at that referred you to this site? I'm very curious, and it could be really useful to me.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

Posted By: Kaiden Re: Gimmick? - 07/28/03 09:01 AM
Ignore the sarcasm.

What do you mean by gimmick?

Obviously, you can't mean the mechanical definition (a device for controlling gambling apparatus, or more generally any novel gadget).

If you mean, as Merriam-Webster defines it, "an ingenious and unusally new scheme or angle," then YES, PhotoReading is a gimmick for understanding writtian information at least three times faster than regular word-for-word reading, and is much easier and more playful than speed reading.

Please, be precise with your language when asking questions to Kaidens. Kaidens are very doctrinaire by nature, and will argue about the definition of a thing much more enthusiatically than about the thing itself.

Posted By: Kenji Re: Gimmick? - 07/28/03 11:51 PM
Amen to that Kaiden

If this was a gimmick, how come there are 25,000+ users of this so called "gimmick" and all of the vetern users of photoreading, believe in this device or method of reading, and have many many positive stories as a result of this gimmick?

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement