Posted By: alee Yin yang hands - 03/18/05 08:49 PM
On the level 1 audio cd Master Lin said when you walk hold your hands in the yin yang position. What is that position? I didn't see it any where in the handbook.
Posted By: Iam2 Re: Yin yang hands - 03/22/05 07:13 PM
I don't remember the specific issue you've mentioned. I do remember the audio session where Master Lin talks about the different styles of walking.

The method he recommends for walking is for the arms to swing forward and backwards, not swing inwards neither in front of behind yourself. He says that the hands should be open, as in the active meditations.

You are perfection.
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited March 23, 2005).]

Posted By: justcappy Re: Yin yang hands - 03/23/05 02:02 PM
alee
Master Lin is refering to the starting position of the Level I exercises. IE. Right hand over the chest area (heart) and the left over the lower dantien.

may the rest of your life be the best of your life.

justcappy

Posted By: alee Re: Yin yang hands - 03/23/05 07:19 PM
Thank you both for the information!
Have a wonderful day!
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Yin yang hands - 03/24/05 01:52 PM
I think you came in from left field on this one justcappy.

Much Love, Shawn

Posted By: justcappy Re: Yin yang hands - 03/24/05 05:18 PM
I used a mirror......
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Yin yang hands - 03/25/05 01:17 PM
Aloha alee,

Please take a big leap at this point and try to appreciate justcappy's humor -then disregard his posts in this thread.

Much Love, Shawn

Posted By: justcappy Re: Yin yang hands - 03/25/05 04:13 PM
Mark Twain once said "It is better to keep you mouth closed and to appear dumb than it is to open it and remove all doubt"
Posted By: Iam2 Re: Yin yang hands - 03/25/05 07:58 PM
Letting the fear of shame control your action limits you chances for growth.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Posted By: justcappy Re: Yin yang hands - 03/28/05 07:49 PM
no shame -- just lisdexit

Posted By: rudolflai Re: Yin yang hands - 03/29/05 03:02 AM
find some old chinese martial arts books. it will help.ying-yang hand seems sth from the Wu-Tang Clan.
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Yin yang hands - 03/29/05 03:54 PM
Aloha alee,

Follow the directions for the hands from the manual, and your arms come slightly toward the midline of your body on the forward swing.

Its as if there is an imaginary point in the center about three feet in front of you which they are drawn to.

Its very subtle. They do not cross or come all the way to the midline.

Much Love, Shawn

Posted By: EAGLE1 Re: Yin yang hands - 03/29/05 10:31 PM
I MUST BE LISDEXIT TOO BECAUSE I JUST DON'T GET THE PICTURE OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING????ABOUT THE WALKING.

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO DETECT BLOCKAGES ON YOURSELF, PLEASE??? USING A MIRROR DO I POINT MY SWORDFINGERS AT ME IN THE MIRROR OR DO I POINT THEM AT MY BODY. I FIND MY SELF DOING BOTH ALMOST AT THE SAME TIME, I START POINTING S.F.'S TO OPEN A BLOCKAGE THEN I FIND MYSELF POINTING THEM AT MY BODY. A LITTLE COMICAL BUT I JUST TRY TO KEEP OPENING THE AREAS.

Posted By: justcappy Re: Yin yang hands - 03/30/05 01:50 AM
use more mirrors...
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Yin yang hands - 03/30/05 02:20 PM
You can do it either way.

When detecting blockages of the person in the mirror, treat it as that person's body over there and not your own.

Separate yourself from what you're working on.

Much Love, Shawn

P.S. Please use lowercase if at all possible. It is much easier for the rest of us to read.

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited March 30, 2005).]

Posted By: Claire Re: Yin yang hands - 03/30/05 07:19 PM
Eagle1
Shawn is being nice but maybe you don't know that when a person types in all caps it is considered to be yelling in computer language.
Just thought you might want to know--
Posted By: justcappy Re: Yin yang hands - 03/30/05 08:07 PM
talk softly and carry a big mirror
Posted By: EAGLE1 Re: Yin yang hands - 03/31/05 02:58 AM
Sorry about that, I was not yelling. I found using caps was easier for me to read without my glasses. So, I'll put on my glasses and use lower case from now on. Thanks. Also thanks for your input on the use of mirrors, etc. Also I will start my own post next time, as I have lots more questions.
Much Love to you all.

James.

P.S. Just found out I must be kind of lazy too, as I have to go back and cap the first words of my sentences over and over. (LOL)

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement