Posted By: Etoile Harvesting Qi - 07/20/05 03:37 PM
I've always done the Active Ex. in the morning and the Sitting Meditation at night due to time constraints, but hope to start running the two together in the a.m. Just wondering when is best to do the Harvesting of Qi? - At the end of the Active Ex./before I start the sitting meditation - or at the very end?

Love
Etoile

Posted By: Iam2 Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/21/05 05:18 AM
Nice question. I don't know what is best. Harvesting after active and sitting meditations is different.

I'm pretty sure we did some of this active then sitting meditation with Master Lin. My memory is that we did a sitting harvesting after the two of them. No harvest in between the meditations.

I can't see doing a harvest in between meditations. It would just bring me out of the meditative state.

Gently going from a standing to a sitting position seems a better way to go.

I've been meaning do some of this, but I usually do a Small universe then a Moon meditation when I do two together.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Posted By: Etoile Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/20/05 08:24 PM
Thanks Iam2 - that makes sense to me. Doing the "harvesting" in the middle would seem counterproductive. I thought that I had read something about when to do the ending ex. but couldn't find it in the Level 1 manual. I had been thinking about standing at the end of Small Universe and doing the full Harvesting of Qi exercises, but then thought maybe it was more important to do the ending exercise for Small Universe as it is described.

Love
Etoile

Posted By: JETAY Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/21/05 01:49 AM
Hi There
My understanding is the same as IAM2's - you harvest at the end of the sitting meditation if you follow it on from an active session.
With Love
Jetay
Posted By: Etoile Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/21/05 11:29 AM
Thanks JETAY - will do. I appreciate the help.

Love
Etoile

Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/21/05 02:16 PM
Aloha Etoile,

Doing active exercise is a nice way to prepare yourself for the sitting meditation.

Iam2 is right on with this one.

Wait and do the "Harvesting of Qi" (AKA: the ending), until the end of your work (the meditation.) You can do the partial Harvesting as presented at end of the recording, or do the entire sequence -adding tail bone taps in there as well.

Much Love,

Shawn

Posted By: Etoile Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/21/05 07:48 PM
Thanks for clarifying things, Shawn.
I really appreciate everyone's help.

Love
Etoile

Posted By: CityShy Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/22/05 04:39 PM
FYI - the suggestion for doing active exercises together w/sitting meditation is found on page 20 of the Level 1 manual. It is found within the beginning explination of Harvesting Qi.

RRN

Posted By: Etoile Re: Harvesting Qi - 07/24/05 12:44 AM
You're right - Thanks for your help, CityShy

Love
Etoile

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement