Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57838 01/03/07 11:17 PM
aluv68 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, new here....can these tapes be helpful or harmful to someone who is trying to break a drug addiction?

aluv68 #57839 01/04/07 05:58 PM

Hi:

I would say, especially if you have access to several of them, that working out some sort of program, using two (or at the most, three) of them at a time would be very beneficial.

"Smoke-free", while it deals mainly with quitting smoking, can be used to address the same sorts of issues as involved in addiction to cigarettes. New Behavior Generator and New History Generator would be helpful, especially if the addiction was the result of abuse in earlier life.

Generally, an addict cannot be "pushed" into doing something they do not want to do, so if you are writing on behalf of someone else, your first job (IF you decide to take it on) is to present this in such a way that it becomes "their" idea. Otherwise you are swatting at invisible flies.

Another suggestion would be to explore having at least a good talk with a local hypnotherapist - there is much that can be accomplished toward eliminating addictions in just a few short sessions with hypnosis - and THEN use the paraliminals (NBG in particular) - to assist in modifying behaviors related to the addiction.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Unis

Unis #57840 01/04/07 08:37 PM

These recordings are very sueful for someone wanting to recover or recovering from addiction. I echo Unis' suggestions, and add that there is a new one called Breaking the Habit.

It is important to have supports. A therapist, 12 step group, social and family support, are all going to be important to a person who is recovering.

Also- if it is alchohol or tranquilizers, make sure the person is medicaly supervised during detox. Withdrawing from them cam be very dangreous, so it is best done safely in a detox centre or specialized clinic. These places offer initial counseling and will also be able to refer to supports in the community.

Good luck

vitaman

vita-man #57841 01/04/07 10:49 PM
aluv68 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey thanks for the replies guys, it was very helpful.....my friend is very open to the CD's. He's using "Brake the Habit" right now and says he gets a calming effect from it, but I was leary about it cuz I wasnt sure if it would make things worse or not. We've also looked into a hypnotherapist, just have to get the money together. I've been using the Holosync and it's really amazing right now.....On the centerpoint site I was advised that he should be careful if you chooses to try that program so I think we'll wait on that one for now.

Thanks again = )

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved