Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5569 02/26/03 04:16 AM
fdragon Offline OP
OP Offline

I need some help in using Automatic Pilot side B for maximum benefit. Should one be focusing on the success patterns of behaviors through the Fibonacci patterns or should one focus on the starting point to the ending benefit?

#5570 02/26/03 07:38 PM

With side B of Automatic Pilot, Paul has you rehearse attaining your goal up to about thirty times in seven seconds. While you can easily rehearse attaining your goal once in seven seconds, you cannot realistically rehearse thirty times in the same amount of time. Therefore, eventually you are firing off "representations" of your goal, whatever that may be. For example, you could use clicks or images or something like that.
The representation will trigger the idea of attaining your goal. So the emphasis is on the tasks performed to accomplish the goal. Play a mental image of accomplishing your goal, in other words, the behaviors that will take you successfully from the present state to your desired outcome.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Sandy Millies (edited February 26, 2003).]

#5571 02/26/03 08:17 PM

Just to be a jerk, Fibonacci pattern is additive. Pauls pattern is multiplicative, and hence a geometric series.

Sorry,

Iam2

#5572 02/26/03 10:21 PM

I have had some problem with this too. How do I visualize myself programming at a computer, (as opposed to wasting time at a the computer)?

#5573 02/26/03 11:49 PM
fdragon Offline OP
OP Offline

Okay Sandy. Correct me if I'm wrong. With autopilot B, the intent is to focus on the present moment, then the winning behaviors finishing with the end goal/benefit in mind. As the speed increases, the visualization would be like watching the Flash (DC Comic Superhero) whiz through to the end result.
Fair analogy?

#5574 02/27/03 02:03 PM

Right. As long as you aren't mentally rehearsing all the way through later in the process. Try to get a feeling of what it is like at the beginning and at the end of your mental rehearsal. After about three repetitions, it will be way too fast for your conscious mind to process. If you try to imagine all the details in sequential order, you will go too slow. Just get that "feeling" with each repetition.

As with any behavior you want to perform, at first you need to consciously go through the process, from beginning to end. But then you want to let the neural pathways of your brain repeat the sequence, so that it makes the necessary connections. The high number of repetitions you are having your brain perform makes it possible for your brain to continue building the neural pathways on its own.

#5575 02/27/03 08:27 PM
fdragon Offline OP
OP Offline

You said Just get that "feeling" with each repetition.

That "feeling" being that of accomplishing your goal?

#5576 02/27/03 09:55 PM

Yes, you're on the right track. Try to get a feeling of what it is like at the beginning and end of your mental rehearsal. Then get the feeling of the rehearsal being completed, so when you imagine five repetitions being fired off, you get the feeling of the mental rehearsal starting and completing with each click or repetiton.

#5577 02/28/03 09:11 PM
fdragon Offline OP
OP Offline

How would this differ from New Behavior Generator and/or how would this work in conjuction with New Behavior Generator?

#5578 02/28/03 09:42 PM

If you have a particular ongoing behavior that you would like to stop or change, or would like to instill a new bahavior, use New Behavior Generator. When you are self-sabatoging and don't know why, use this Paraliminal.

When you know how to do something (and action or a behavior) let's say give a speech, or dive from the high diving board...but you have internal dialogue or self-doubt that makes you fail, use Automatic Pilot to eliminate the negative self-talk. When you can identify the behavior that is the problem and know that it's this inner talk, maybe from past failures, that's stopping you, use Automatic Pilot.

Another example, let's say you are trying to lose weight and stop smoking. You find that you can stay on track for a while, but then you go back to your old habits. New Behavior Generator or New Option Generator. In this case you are self-sabatoging, but it's not self-sabatoge that's stopping you. In other words, you must be getting some kind of reward out of continuing the behavior, which you may or may not realize. Use Automatic Pilot when it's the inner talk, i.e. self-doubt, that's stopping you from succeeding in a specific task or goal.

I hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved