Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 95
Member
Member

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 95
Can anyone help me with this?

I have been studying and practicing SF Qigong since spring of this year. I love it. And having some great results. After my daily half an hour session and once the kids come home from school they will begin to bicker and fight and then scream and then end with someone crying which leads me into a frustrated and angry state. This basically ruins the calmness I had just achieved prior.

I have been diligent in trying to let their normal kid behavior or disobedience not get to me but it always does in the end.


I'm starting to wonder that all those Qigong masters meditating in caves are as enlightened because there are no kids screaming and arguing there.

Any Qigong parent with small children have any success with this situation?


Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Learning Strategies
Member
Learning Strategies
Member

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,195
Likes: 4
Aloha JeffreyC,

I think the masters went to the caves or sent the kids to the monastery.



Sometimes you can't choose your environment, but you can choose your mental environment. Enjoy the 30 minutes of training. The rest of the training comes during the rest of the day in learning to be in that loving, appreciative, and accepting place. I find that he more consistant I am with my Spring Forest practice and in doing good things for others, the less likely I am to get hooked by a situation or person.

It it handy to look at the ends of the response spectrum. Look at those people who would handle a situation like yours without any problem - you know, the way you are thinking you "should" be responding Next look at people who handle situations like yours, or even easier one very, very, poorly. So now, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being abusively handling the situation , and 10 gliding through it in a loving, yet effective way), where are you at right now? Okay, why did you choose that number and not one lower?

Looking at it this way focuses on the tools that you already have. Now what would be one thing you could do to bump up just one point on the scale? Great, practice doing that. You could even support your skills and behaviors by using the New Behavior Generator Paraliminal.

Know too, that you can change your response and focus with one breath (or three as when you start your exercise/mediations).

Much Love, Shawn


Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.071s Queries: 18 (0.038s) Memory: 2.9817 MB (Peak: 3.5922 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:23:58 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS