Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I was wanting to convert my cd's to mp3's will this have any negative affect on the recordings? Thanks
Tom

Hello,

I am not an expert since I am new to it, but I can tell you that in the FAQ, something is written about it:

http://www.learningstrategies.com/Paraliminal/FAQ.asp

Can you convert the new Paraliminal soundtracks with Holosync into mp3 files or other files used by computers or players such as the iPod?

***Yes. Absolutely. The Paraliminal portion will not be affected by such compression. The head engineer at Centerpointe Research Institute says that only the deeper levels of Holosync use a frequency that is cut off by compression.

Hope it helps
Isabelle

Hello Tom,

Yes you can convert CDs to MP3. Paraliminal will work except HoloSync signals. HoloSync signals are low frequency bi-aural beats, which get choped during compression.

As far as paraliminal is concerned its ok to compress these as MP3 and put on iPod. Learning Strategies corporation has CD artwork for iPod, See here
http://www.learningstrategies.com/iPodArtwork.asp

I am using HoloSync program for more than 4 months now. HoloSync puts you in a deeper brain wave state - beta > alpha > theta > and down to Delta. In these states brain is very receptive and calm (deep meditative states), so technically it enhances the effectiveness of Paraliminals.

You can also rip the CDs to lossless format e.g. WAV or AIFF and put on iPod/Computer for listening (or backup). In this case HoloSync signal will be preserved!

I have put my paralinimal CDs on my iPod. Though for daily sessions I am using CDs. iPod comes in handy in case when I am out of town or travelling :-) iPod also provides the luxury of listening to any random PL anytime anywhere! So, its good to keep on iPod too :-)

Love n Light,
-Vks

Hmm, I was under the impression that importing at a high (or highest) sample rate, would NOT lose the Holosync signals. Say, 320.

In any case, one could still import as .wav file and then put that on the mp3 player and there would be no loss.

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Use a variable bitrate and 256k and you can preserve the entrainment soundtrack. If you have tried the CDs and then checked your converted file you will know if the recording is good enough or not.

I know a few who saved their files at 136 and they were okay. When I suggested they use 256 with a variable bitrate they noticed they got deeper into the listening.

A wav or lossless file will always be the best option. Remember to saving an MP3 and saving it again throws out some more data each time. So you do want a first generation recording. Keep your CDs

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved