Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63393 12/09/07 07:50 PM
OP Offline

I have a problem with my feet and can't stand for very long. I was wondering if you can do the active excerise sitting down, or would I be better doing just the sitting meditation. Also, can you do just one or two of the active exercises and get some benefit. I'm only able to do maybe 10 to 15 min. right now.

Thank you,
Sue

Quote:

I have a problem with my feet and can't stand for very long. I was wondering if you can do the active exercise sitting down, or would I be better doing just the sitting meditation. Also, can you do just one or two of the active exercises and get some benefit. I'm only able to do maybe 10 to 15 min. right now.

Thank you,
Sue

Yes, you can do the Active Exercise sitting (and even lying down). Chunyin Lin talks about this in the course, and I have tried it and it still works well. The only problem might be the "Harmony of the Universe". That one needs probably the most modification, but it is just the balance on the legs. You can still imagine it as if you were standing. And the 'Seven Steps to New Life" does not need to be done on one leg anyway (Chunyi Lin now teaches it without the balancing on one leg, I have heard). So you just lift the hands and "pump" the energy through the different centers.

And yes, to your second question. It is actually true for all exercises to a large extent and most especially qigong, but I have found it even more true with SFQ (sounds like a slogan! ). Quite often, I have not had my ideal 2-3 hours available, or even a half hour. So I will just do 5-15 minutes where ever I can fit it in. And I still feel the energy. In fact, if you do that every day, you will probably get even better results than someone who does 2 hours one day and then nothing for a few days and then another hour or whatever. Consistency is key.

And the exercises are very "modular"--i.e. you can do any one or combination in any order for any amount of time. Obviously, the more the better in terms of time. But even one or two exercises, and even sitting or lying down will yield benefits in many cases, especially if you also focus and visualize.

Last edited by shakurav; 12/12/07 12:00 AM.

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha slarocco,

Start standing, and have your chair behind you so you can effortlessly sit and continue doing the active exercise without and pause.

If you just have 15 minutes, choose one or two of the exercises and be with them, rather than shortened versions of it all.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved