Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#63827 01/03/08 06:03 PM
OP Offline

Hi,

I'm new to the Qigong practice. During the course of listening to the CD's and reading the manual I noted that i should be selecting a master to guide me.

it seems like if you follow an organized religion that the common thing to do is select your religions leader as your master. I do not practice in an organized religion and I'm having a hard time choosing a master. I have a faith problem I'm working through and i don't know who to use as a guide. I know Master Chunyi Lin said that if you can't think of anyone, you could use him. But I don't know Master Lin and it's hard for me to say with confidence and believe in someone i don't know.

I'm hoping someone here will have some sdvice or suggestions to help this fledgling find his way.

Peace
Jay

Hi,

You can choose several masters as far as I understand. You can even use yurself as a master. The You from the future, when you have learned more skill.

just 2 €cents

[He].2s2.2p4

OP Offline

Quote:

Hi,

You can choose several masters as far as I understand. You can even use yurself as a master. The You from the future, when you have learned more skill.

just 2 €cents

[He].2s2.2p4

wow, that's a fascinating thought. Me from the future as a master. thanks, that's a really interesting path I never considered.

peace,
Jay

Yes, and another possibility that Master Lin suggest is family ancestors. I use this sometimes: my grandparents and even great, great grandparents whom I never met.

If there ever has been any teachers or mentors or guides in your life that you have respect for, that can work well.

Also, along with the idea of the future you, you can create whatever Master you would like to have.

Lately, though I am a religious Jew and a rabbi, I am finding more and more that "The Master's Energy" is in fact to some extent, "all of the above".

In other words, "The Master" no matter how or who or what or when, is in reality, "The Master within". This "Master's Energy" is a kind of shorthand for the highest energy that you can conjure up.

The same energy that led you to SFQ or anything good in your life, is "Master's Energy". The need to personify it or name it, is really more of a way of focusing than anything else, I think.

AS it says in the Tao Te Ching,
Quote:

A way that can be followed is not the True Way
A name that can be named is not the True Name
Using names is the origin of Heaven and Earth
Nameless is the origin of myriad things
Therefore, without intention, you see the mystery
Using intention, you see manifestations
These two are the same
When they manifest they are given different names
Their sameness is the mystery
The mystery within mystery
The door to all treasures

blessings,

Steve

It seems that many (most) spiritual traditions, when asked to find the most important core of truth, cite LOVE.

Sometimes I'll ask help from the healing power of Love .... but I think of Love in the most pure, powerful, integrated, infiltrating, ominpresent essence...

OP Offline

Quote:

It seems that many (most) spiritual traditions, when asked to find the most important core of truth, cite LOVE.

Sometimes I'll ask help from the healing power of Love .... but I think of Love in the most pure, powerful, integrated, infiltrating, ominpresent essence...

That is such a beautiful thought. I'm so glad I found these forums. The future self and pure love masters are such intuitive healing ideas. thank you to all who commented.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved