Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6231 06/21/03 11:34 AM
Fiona Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone,
I wrote in before that I was participating in a 6 week accelerated Human Anatomy course. I want to become a nurse but have been concerned that I have a very poor track record in school and perhaps even a slight learning disability. I am pleased and proud to report that my course is almost over and I have excelled.
I received the memory supercharger and personal genius tapes the night before my first test and have listened to them faithfully (mainly the memory supercharger) every day. I also ordered a handle of others which I have been trying to fit in here and there.
Last week I suddenly became really "bored" with listening to them. Paule Sheele's voice and the dual track started to annoy me because I was listening to them so frequently. Has this happened to anyone else? I suppose I should call the coaches at LSC but I'm wondering from list members if you find that you simply don't need them after a time.
I definitely credit the memory supercharger with helping me to remember difficult course material. I really like this product. I still have a ways to go with my study habits (it takes me a longgg time while studying, more than other people I think) so I don't necessarily think that I am "finished" with the tape. I guess the logical solution is to put it aside for a time but I was curious if others have run into this. Thaks

Administrator
Administrator

Take time out from the tapes. Perhaps listen only once a week.

I know I prefer to listen to them on and off myself and each time I do use them again I get to notice benefits. I certainly haven't gone backwards when I gave them a break. To me the positive effect continued.

Another option if you do want to listen anyway is try a different time of day.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved