Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Basit Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi every body,
I can't express truly how SFQG is wonderful !!
I'll order a new L1&L2 for the Kynesiterapy department of the hopital in my city.They allow alternative medecine .
Now two new questions:Since 2 years I'd practiced the Qi Gong exercice called the swiming dragon,someone know this exercice ?
Now that I'm doing the active excercices of Spring forest,is it necessary that I continue with swiming dragon ?
Same thing with my daily Zen meditation,should I continue with it or just do SFQG meditation ?
THANK YOU AND LOVE TO EVERYONE
Patrick

Hi Patrick

I have practiced Swimming Dragon, matter of fact its the only other form of Qigong I've tried other than SFQ. I was doing Swimming Dragon and Spring Forest Qigong on opposite days.

I was receiving more benefit from SFQ so eventually I just starting sticking to SFQ.

Same thing with meditation.

I believe the "rule" is to not mix them. But to practice them at different times. It is probably best to stick with one or the other. This way your energy system gets used to one form.

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu

Wow. Patrick, that is a great post! So cool that the hospital can and will incorporate SFQ into its health care procedures!

As for your question, it is a very good one. I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. To some extent, you have to answer it for yourself. If you are getting benefit and results from the Swimming Dragon qigong and from the Zazen practice, you might want to continue them.

But I understand that time is a factor! When do we do all these things? The rule of thumb for SFQ (and many other qigong practices as well) is it is best to allow at least a half hour "window" or cushion between practices ( it is still good to at least allow 10 minutes, and even better to allow 20 minutes. 30 minutes or more between practices is best). Again, this then impacts on our schedule in terms of time. But if you get benefit out of the other practices AND SFQ, then it might be good to try and schedule your day, or at least your week, so you rotate all of your spiritual/health practice.

I used to practice ZaZen sitting and I must admit it was a wonderful and powerful practice. That might be the first time I really understood about "the Emptiness".

You really have to answer this for yourself, keeping in mind the rule of thumb and your schedule. As well as the cost/benefit ratio (in terms of time and effort) of all the various practices.

You might also want to consult your Master's energy by meditating and asking the question. And most likely, you will know or get the answer that you need.

I hope that helps you. I thank you for asking, because it helps me to write this in response!

blessings,

Steve

I practiced SFQ for a few months, and then I saw a DVD by Francesco Garripoli called "Qigong Beginning Practice" that contains Swimming Dragon and about 20 or so other Qigong movements. I loaned my SFQ package to a friend of mine for the summer so I've been using Garripolli's DVD since June. I'll be getting the SFQ package back from her in a few more weeks, at which point we'll switch again.

All told, I feel physically better after Garripoli's DVD because it's a more comprehensive set of exercises.

Originally Posted By: monkbiker
I practiced SFQ for a few months, and then I saw a DVD by Francesco Garripoli called "Qigong Beginning Practice" that contains Swimming Dragon and about 20 or so other Qigong movements. I loaned my SFQ package to a friend of mine for the summer so I've been using Garripolli's DVD since June. I'll be getting the SFQ package back from her in a few more weeks, at which point we'll switch again.

All told, I feel physically better after Garripoli's DVD because it's a more comprehensive set of exercises.

This is important to note that we should find a form of Qigong or Tai Chi or any form of energy work that resonates with our system and stick with it to get full benefit.

JEFF

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
Basit Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Shakurav,
Well since I'd bigining with SFQ I feel much much better than with the swimming dragon.Perhaps because the active exercices in SFQ involve all the body's organes and open all the chanels.With swimming dragon all chanels and organes are maybe not activated.This is my own theory..
As for zazen that meditation is a "passive meditation"different than "the small universe"whom is more an active one.
Actually SFQ is OK for me .I love too the small universe meditation,it's very revigorating.When I'll feel the need for zazen then I'll we do.
Have a blessing day,
Love ,
Patrick
By the way I've trying black sesame,I drink it when I wake up and 30 minutes after my ying yang water,that boost your day !

Basit Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Jeffrey ,
Thank's for your post,I'd practised swimming dragon for two years but I'don't get the same result as with SFQ that I'd begining only since the 27 July.
Love,
Patrick

Basit Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank's monkbiker,
AS some friends said it's maybe important to stick with one form of QiGong.Well the most important is how you feel with your choiced exercices.
Love,
Patrick

Hi Basit,
Thank you for sharing Swimming Dragon.

The Swimming Dragon (moving the hands and body) is one of 10 Qigong excersise I used for over 8 years.

I started SFQ last week and I like it. It is very organized.

I still use my 10 Qigong exercises at different times.

I never mix the both.

I hope that helps.
Kevin
"Stillness and confidence is within you."

Basit Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Kevin,
Thank you.It's very interesting to get your point of view after a while for see if you feel some real differences between your long experience of swimming dragon and the SFQ.
Welcome back for your appraisal,
Blessing day and love,
Patrick

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved