Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#69528 11/20/08 01:29 PM
scoffy Offline OP
OP Offline

hi
i would like to ask when ones scaning through a book he/she photoread should the text look blurred?
when scaning,it is said you should have your eyes focusing on the center of the page but also looking on the top half of the words,should one be looking on the top half of the whole sentence?
to gain activation is it all up to the speed and processing capability of the brain?and if that is so does it mean if you are not gaining activation while you are perfoming all the other techniques well,your brain is slow in processing information?
please help,i am serious.

scoffy Offline OP
OP Offline

help me out here guys,
i photoread a book,art of war and gave myself time for incubation,i activated it but i did not gain the level of detail i required.
my purpose was to fully absorb the concepts,principles and war aspects and speed the aplication of he ideas into my life.
though i am not gaining the level of detail i require im still working on my activation.
my question is please tell me the best way to activate?

That is metaphysics, like philosophy or some computer language.

'incubation' is the whole of the process while following the layering techniques of manual activation as out-lined in the Photoreading course itself.

Learning Strategies Admin

Originally Posted By: scoffy
hi
i would like to ask when ones scaning through a book he/she photoread should the text look blurred?
when scaning,it is said you should have your eyes focusing on the center of the page but also looking on the top half of the words,should one be looking on the top half of the whole sentence?
to gain activation is it all up to the speed and processing capability of the brain?and if that is so does it mean if you are not gaining activation while you are perfoming all the other techniques well,your brain is slow in processing information?
please help,i am serious.

You have the thrown us with your question. We do not scan, while PhotoReading we take a mental snapshot of the page.

During dipping, reading and skittering you use rhythmical perusal. That it is when you are running your eye across the upper half of the words. Use this technique during preview, Post view, and activation.

Quote:
my purpose was to fully absorb the concepts,principles and war aspects and speed the application of he ideas into my life.

That never works as a purpose. No-one can define what 'fully absorb' means and if you can't explain what it means. How will you know when you got it? Fully absorb infers something at a non-conscious level. So chances are you have fully absorbedhe information as desired in your purpose, but sceptically you overlook what it is you want to know consciously.

AlexK

scoffy Offline OP
OP Offline

i ment scaning when activating,im sorry,
tell me then,how should my purpose be like?
can you help with an example?
and thanks for the tips,can you carry on helping me please?

scoffy Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok now i get it,a purpose should be something you want to achive conciously,
therefore i should state what i require to accomplish,is that so?
this explains why i have been not getting what i require from the book.
he who does not increase knowlegde,decreases it,
he who does not study is not worthy of life.
At fist you do not succeed but
you should pick yoself up and try again.
'thank you'

Yes! Definitely state what you 'require'.

In an easy calm confident fashion. Make into a song, sing as mantra while you Photoread.

scoffy Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi i would like to thank everyone who has and who is surporting me,
however today i would like to pose you with a question,
Please tell me more about rythimical perusal?
i really want to know if im doing the right thing when im superraeding and dipping.
let me tell how i do it,
after incubation and mind probing i take the book and use rethimcal perusal as i superread and dip.
i have never seen anyone do it before,so i just do it,like how i understand it from the PR book.
it works for me but i have this feeling about my power growing,so usually when im thruogh with a book i feel like i haven't done enough with it?
in some cases it is true of me,this why i require help on this aspect.
i really want my power to grow like how i feel inside,because i have always understood that PR is a catalyst to successand there is nothing that can be compered to it.

Examples of purpose

I wash my clothes <-- what you are doing... so that I have clean close <--- your purpose for doing it

I am going past the shops to get groceries [<-- what you are doing... So I can prepare my meals for the next couple of days<--- your purpose for doing it

I am PhotoReading this book titled [<-- what you are doing... so I can confidently.... <--- your purpose for doing it

If you feel you haven't done enough with the book you haven't. Trust your intuition. A beginning PhotoReader can get their reading done 3 times faster. Consider how long it would take you to read a book traditionally and expect it to take about 1/3rd the time. As you are learning from the book alone it may take a bit longer in the beginning.

AlexK

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved