Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#71964 05/09/09 09:45 AM
KathyT Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

Is there anyone out there who feels that it would be nice to invite our American gurus over to our beautiful continent so that we can benefit from their wisdom in person? Actually, I know the answer to that one.

Please reply to this post and indicate if you would be interested in attending and/or helping to organize and/or speaking at a European Success seminar. I look forward to hearing from you

Last edited by KathyT; 05/09/09 10:12 AM.

Be Happy

Kathy

Hello KathyT,
I wholeheartedly agree. I would really like to do something about this ethnocentric mindset. I would attend all sorts of workshops and training programmes if I didn't have to travel to the US. So many of us here in Europe are on the same wavelength, but we just don't seem to exist on the map.
I'd love to be involved, and I'm putting myself forward to help where I can.
Great idea, KathyT.
Adieu, French Claire

Hi KathyT,
I am astonished at the lack of response from those not living in the US.
If you are reading this and you would like to see structures set up in Europe that deliver workshops and training and products, put your fingers on the keyboard NOW.
I think we Europeans could put a new face to personal development, we would definitely axe the promotional gloop, the capitalism-takes-all, mass production, make-a-fast-billion, one-size-fits-all mentality that puts so many people (certainly me and anyone I know) off the personal development trail.
I would love a European version that puts the gurus back in the box, and has a focus on delivering tangiable (measurable) change.
Sorry if this offends anyone.

Originally Posted By: French Claire

I would love a European version that puts the gurus back in the box, and has a focus on delivering tangiable (measurable) change.

The gurus egos are too big to fit into any box.... LOL....

Originally Posted By: French Claire

I think we Europeans could put a new face to personal development, we would definitely axe the promotional gloop, the capitalism-takes-all, mass production, make-a-fast-billion, one-size-fits-all mentality that puts so many people (certainly me and anyone I know) off the personal development trail.

Offend? No, not really, but it sure sets off my "Euro-egotrip" alert. Lest you think the kind of advertising you speak of is specific to the US, do take a look at some of the Euro promoters--Paul McKenna comes to mind, as do others like Michael Neill. Europe is no less or more pure (spiritually or otherwise) than anywhere else.

And just for the record--LSC's nasty ol' advertising has alerted a lot of people to some very good products and helped a lot of people who might not have been aware of these products if not for that selfsame impure advertising. Nor would I expect your hoped-for European personal development movement to go very far without the promotional "gloop."

Hello again Kathy.
I think this thread tells its own story.
I assume these guys are reticent to come to Europe due to lack of interest from our side.
Never would I have imagined such a low response rate.
I am amazed.
Adieu,
French Claire

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved