Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73054 07/13/09 05:01 PM
OP Offline

I am new to sfq , just starded level 1 course last week, and my question was if it is ok to drink coffee, does it affect the qi inside and outside your body.
Does master Lin as any recommendation about it.

Thank you for your help and advices.

Hi Tracker,
In general, no traditional medical qigong master is going to promote coffee drinking. When compared to tea, they might refer to the warmth and calming effect of tea versus the speeding up effect, or fire in coffee. In a qigong practice where you are trying to relax and open up, as well as slow down the mind and thinking, coffee doesn't really promote that. The ideal drink that sets sort of benchmark, is yin/yang water. On a physical level, it is half hot/half cold, so you are introducing a balance into the body. One can also infuse the water with a healing intension(spiritual level), transforming it into medicine. There are of course tea's that can be see as herbal too, or medicine in that sense.
Keep in mind that behavior and attitude is as important as what you consume. Sometimes a person can fixate on diet, and be ignorant of the workings of the mind and heart. If you drink coffee, don't beat yourself up. Just focus on your practice. It is often a source of change, and always a source of finding balance in your life.
love,
gallen

OP Offline

Hi Gallen,

Thank you so much for your informations and advices, they are full of wisdom and I appreciate your help.
After reading your post and thinking about what you said I think that I am going to focus more on Love, Kindness and Forgiveness and a little bit less on coffee and diet.

Thanks Gallen

Coffee actually prevents colon cancer. It's after all, a bean. There are healthful benefits from coffee..One can always drink de-caf and still get the benefits of it. Studies showed that coffee drinkers have a 70% less risk of colon cancer than tea drinkers. My co worker told me the other day that he has colon cancer. I asked him,"Do you drink coffee?" I wanted to see if the study was true..He said "No! I only drink green tea".

Did you ask you colleague if he eats refined food or whole grains? Does he eat enough fruits and vegetables?

Keep in mind that behavior and attitude is as important as what you consume. Sometimes a person can fixate on diet, and be ignorant of the workings of the mind and heart. If you drink coffee, don't beat yourself up. Just focus on your practice. It is often a source of change, and always a source of finding balance in your life.
love,
gallen
Right on gallen

Originally Posted By: gallen
If you drink coffee, don't beat yourself up. Just focus on your practice. It is often a source of change, and always a source of finding balance in your life.

I agree! Master Lin says: There's good, better, and best!

Last edited by Mayflowers; 08/10/09 02:32 AM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved