Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have gone through a period of turbulence where I have stopped my practice. I just started practicing again and I see immediate benefits. I am more peaceful, my knee pain is gone and I am stronger.
But I also noticed things such as my music enjoyment increasing. I am wondering what benefits you have received besides the traditional list, ones that you didn't expect and maybe some that surprised you.
Thanks.

Good for you. I do find it strange that your enjoyment for music has decreased. Music is typically from the heart and soul. However, I myself have had strange things occur. Most notably, when I do an 'intensive' over an entire evening I get extremely energized and do not wish to sleep, I also lose care of everything material and am driven to only continue meditation--everything else does not matter.

This is probably because we are going beyond the illusory self of the physical world and entering into the true, non-local Self which is beyond material desires. In this state of 'non-state' I begin to see events happen in more than one way--all at once. (multiple possibilities) Deep within, I KNOW. But every time my "conscious" or 'thinking mind' tries to figure it out it gets confused. ;\) Strange stuff, I love it so...

~Z

Originally Posted By: Vitaly21
I have gone through a period of turbulence where I have stopped my practice. I just started practicing again and I see immediate benefits. I am more peaceful, my knee pain is gone and I am stronger.
But I also noticed things such as my music enjoyment increasing. I am wondering what benefits you have received besides the traditional list, ones that you didn't expect and maybe some that surprised you.
Thanks.

Uh, zakyrus, Vitaly said [b]"INCREASING"[/b. Not decreasing. Just, FYI.

Vitaly, funny that you should mention music. I play music a little. After practicing SFQ, my improvisations are much more flowing and much better. I reach interesting and new places when I sit down and play. And that is in general as well, since I began practicing Tai Chi and qigong more than 30 years ago.

I also found that I was energetically attracted to better foods and foods that improved my qi flow. It was a natural and organic (no pun intended) process and it was almost effortless.

Just for two examples of unintended benefits. I know that there have been times where business opportunities increased.

I also find a better relationship with the I Ching from practice. But that is another story! ;\)

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved