Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77944 04/10/11 12:48 AM
OP Offline

Just got the new level one dvd, and master Lin is showing a new version of the 7 steps, is it better to practice this way or is it just a matter of preference? is there more benefit to lift the feets completly off the ground?
I had stop practicing sfq for a while but I am starting again.
The active ex and meditation have so much positive effect on the body and the mind, I feel lot better in every way.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Tracker48,

Good question. One of the reasons Master Lin teaches The Seven Steps of New Life in classes without raising the leg is to allow beginners and those with balance challenges the opportunity to stay in a meditative state during their exercises, rather than worrying about tipping.

The option to leave the feet flat on the floor, or just raising the heals has been added to the Level One home study course manual and discussed here for quite some time (try doing an advanced search in "Search the Forums" to find out all sorts of interesting supplimental information about various SFQ topics.

Raising the legs to get the bend in the knee along with the extension and flexion in the ankle/foot assists in opening the channels targeted in the exercise. If you have been doing it for a while, I'd recommend raising the legs with your eyes open. not only will you assist opening channels, you will develop better balance and better focus.

Much Love,

Shawn

OP Offline

Thank you so much Shawn for your help and advice, I really appreciate it.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved