Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SubZero Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

I've been using a few hyponosis products, affirmations and all that, and while I've seen progress I've realized a few things. The main issue I'm dealing with is shyness and the anxiety that is sometimes associated with it. While I've been able to boost my mood up to the point where I'm more outgoing, I find that state is a little 'fragile'.

My mind always analyzes any social situation I've gone through, and I think of everything I said, every witty saying, and basically I obsess over the conversation. While it pumps me up if I have a social 'success', I believe relying so much on these external events doesn't help me. As if I have a negative experience I'll beat myself up about it(though I've been working to tell myself to stop whenever this happens, but it still seeps in). Even normal social interactions I'll usually find some fault in.

There are a few other things I experience,

I'll feel anxiety when a social event is upcoming.
Whenever I'm walking around and someone looks at me I'll automatically think that they think theres something odd or weird about me, as otherwise I feel they wouldn't look.
My voice tends to tense/tighten up, mostly it becomes harder to hear me sometimes when I'm in a social situation I'm not used to.
And then theres those other general symptoms of shyness.
Theres many past events, you could say painful memories that I see in a negative light, especially those where I say something to someone but they don't understand me and ask me to repeat myself, whenever that happens it makes me feel worse, lowers my self-esteem. I have a whole lot of social memories that I see negatively, and I often remember them which can really mess with my mood.

The methods I've used so far, while I've made progress, I feel that they've only managed to suppress the self-limiting beliefs of mine, or just put positive 'bandaids' over them, while not dealing with the core problems themselves. I was wondering what paraliminals could help me with this and my shyness. I'm willing to get a few paraliminals, as many of them seem worth using in my case. I was thinking atleast belief and new history generator would be good, as belief could help me remove the self-limiting beliefs I have, and nhg would let me feel better about my past

Sorry about the long post, but what paraliminals could help me out? Thanks.

Learning Strategies Admin

Anxiety Free for the anxiety in the lead up to social events.

Positive Relationships to help you to handle both positive and negative communication with others.

Sales Leap - a confidence builder for positive communication.

Self Esteem Supercharger

Also worth considering
Belief - to deal with your beliefs about your shyness, behaviour and actions.

New History Generator - A good one to use following the Belief Paraliminal. It helps you create a new history using your new improved belief.

New Behaviour Generator. To act on the new or modified beliefs.

Two others I would consider adding to the mix are;

Prosperity and Personal Genius. They will help the self esteem also and create natural confidence when used with Other Paraliminals already mentioned.

Alex

SubZero Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. What about Automatic Pilot however? I was thinking a paraliminal like that would help with getting rid of all the post-analysis I do of social interactions. Or would I not necessarily need something like that since I'd have those other paraliminals?

Automatic - Pilot is good. I'd suggest using the Positive Relationship one to help deal with the "post-analysis of social interactions", by preparing before hand. If you go into those social situations prepared you will need less analysis afterwards. It's not something you will want to eliminate entirely. We all do it to learn from our "mistakes"

When using Automatic Pilot, it will take careful paying attention to what you are saying to notice that the negative self talk is being replaced with honest evaluation.

Now forget everything I said and trust your intuition. You know yourself better than I do and chances are you know exactly how Automatic Pilot can help you and probably in more ways than just dealing with "post-analysis of social interactions."

Alex

Hi SubZero. I have exactly the same problem. I was thinking of trying Paraliminals to help too. I was thinking of trying some of the ones already mentioned (like Self Esteem Supercharger, Anxiety Free, Belief etc).

Also what about Instant Personal Magnetism. Would this help for shy people?

If you were suddeny pulling attention to yourself because of your charm... Would your be able to handle it?

There are usually a lot of reasons why a person is shy and doesn't want to draw attention. In some cases Instantaneous Personal Magentism will be the ultimate answer if you're only shy because you find it difficult to attract positive attention because you feel unattractive. In others you might need to do some foundation work before you are ready to see results with Instantaneous Personal Magentism. So it's not an urgent one to have in your collection if you're working through shyness.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited February 15, 2005).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved