Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78352 06/28/11 10:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
Namaste to all,

I am planning to do some general activations in the living room area of my apartment, as per level-1 instruction. And I have a few queries which i hope someone can help with. Since I'm still studying level-1, maybe the answers to certain questions are there in levels 2 or 3. If so, could you just tell me where it is? So i'll just read up on that chapter in advance. Thank you!

At the moment I'm redoing the living room. Here's its basic layout ...




Finer Details:
- The entrance door is at the SW
- The other two black bars mark the entrance to passageways for other rooms
- There is a balcony attached to the living room (shown in the picture).

Now that you've got an idea, here are my current queries ...

Q1) Is the plotting done correctly of the 8 zones? I think its right, but I would just like someone to confirm so. The measurements were taken from the centre of the room, where the compass is placed.

Q2) I have taken the centre of measurement as that of the living-room only (excluding the balcony). Was the balcony to be included? Is the balcony to be considered a part of the living room? There is a sliding glass door through the length of the balcony that separates it from the living room. There are also curtains placed to cover out the balcony from view when required.

Q3) I have a 100 Litre aquarium in the balcony in the North East zone(i.e. Earth). What are the implications here, since earth destroys/subjugates water? Can the volume of the water cause it to insult/anti-subjugate earth? What is the solution?

Q4) I am planning to have another aquarium in the living room. It can only be accommodated on a wooden table on the right side of the living room, in between the East and SE zone. If I place it there, then the dividing line between E and SE will pass through the centre of the tank. What are the implications of this? Since both E and SE and wood elements, which are nourished by water, will having the aquarium positioned there boost health and abundance simultaneously?

Q5) There are also "sliding grills" alongside the glass door. These are pulled out and locked at night while sleeping (apartment is on the 2nd floor). Are there any implications of having the grills?

Q6) All the furniture in every direction of the room is made of visible wood (including sofas, dining table, big sidetables). What are the solutions to diminish the impact of this element in the unwanted areas (SW, W, NW, N, NE).

Thank you for your help!

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 312
Member
Member

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 312
Hi andante,

Q1) I did it the same way when I started the course. After having worked myself through level 3 I decided to draw a grid chart for the room. But I started like you.


Q2) I would only include the balcony if it's used as a part of the living room.

Q3) If you look at the element cycles you'll see that earth blocks water but not the other way around.

Q4) I would not worry about that. In general space feng shui, East and Southeast belong to the wood element and are both enhanced by water. I seems to me that both directions could benefit from the water placement.

Q5) I can't think of any implications right now. Security first.

Q6) Just enhance the areas with the appropriate elements and/or symbols.

Love,
Astrid


Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 18 (0.041s) Memory: 2.9847 MB (Peak: 3.5947 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 13:07:39 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS