Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jo Jo Offline OP
OP Offline

I was wondering if headphones are needed for personal affirmation tapes to work. I have tried sleeping with the small bud headphones that plant in your and usually wake up with my ears sore. I have tried all sorts of different headphones, but fear I will get califlower (spelling) because I wake up and my ears hurt. I tried a pillow with an headphone but was to great.

The way my speakers are positioned there is one on each side of my bed, so it would be great if I could just throw the CD on repeat and listen to it all night. I mean after all I am still hearing it even if its not directly in my ear. Where as paralimals depend on direct ear cotact for speaking to different areas of the brain. I don't see why it wouldn't work?

Hi Jo-Jo:

Listening to "personal affirmation tapes" or CD's (such as the Holosync "floating" track) are better used with earphones, however, you don't necessarily need the "stereo" effect unless there is a special technology, such as binaural beats, implanted in the audio. The "floating" track does not have the Holosync "beat" technology implanted, although I believe the newer ones do have the "Virtual Audio" technology, and of course, your personal affirmations in "Autophonix".

The Paraliminals work best with head-phones, so that the left-right brain hemispheres get more of the message that will work best using the strengths of those hemispheres (logic vs imagination) to do the programming. However, once you've listened to them in the prescribed manner, you can use them with the type of set-up you've described - although it will work best if you are lying on your back, as opposed to curled up in a fetal position - the message still needs to hit both sides of the brain to be reasonably effective.

Cheers!
Sheila

quote:
Originally posted by Jo Jo:
The way my speakers are positioned there is one on each side of my bed, so it would be great if I could just throw the CD on repeat and listen to it all night. I mean after all I am still hearing it even if its not directly in my ear. Where as paralimals depend on direct ear cotact for speaking to different areas of the brain. I don't see why it wouldn't work?

Paraliminals can work in the context you've described too. That's how they're set up during retreats for larger audiences. Just make sure the speaker projecting the script for the right ear is on the right and the speaker for the left ear is on your left.

KWLee

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved