Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum.

Well, I’ve been listening for Self-esteem supercharger daily for 2 weeks but haven’t got any visible results yet.

I tried to change the way I’m listening, room, time of the day etc. It’s always the same regardless how, where and when I listen to CD.

The only thing I noticed that I have more energy after I listen to this CD. That’s all.

Do you think it has something to do with the fact I'm not a native english speaker (this is my third language)? Does it really matter?

Is there anyone who is not native speaker but still getting results with paraliminals?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Jade

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited September 19, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited September 19, 2005).]

Learning Strategies Admin

Jade welcome to the forum. Two weeks ago would you have joined this forum to talk about the possibility that something is not working for you because it's not your native language? (which you write very well)

The language isn't the barrier. What is your purpose for listening? What are you looking for in the way of self-esteem? Can you identify any situations where you would like to see an improvement? How will you know things have changed?

I'm not asking for a reply for these questions. They are questions you need to consider them before a listening session with the Paraliminal. Without getting clear on your intent for listening progress will be slow.

Feeling energised after listening is a good sign and obviously you want more so what more is it that you want?

Alex

Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Alex,

Thanks a lot for such a quick response.

First of all I would do what I just did (joined the forum etc.) 2 weeks ago

Well, I know EXACTLY what I want from this CD and how I want it. That’s why I know for sure I haven’t got it yet…
And I always ask myself similar questions before the paraliminal session but…

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the results (before I actually lose my motivation and stop listening to this CD ?

Thank you in advance,

Jade

Hi Jade
My wife's first language is not English. When we listened to my mothers copy of the Self Esteem CD, I loved it right away, and it took my wife a few tries before she felt a difference.

I have noticed a number of common themes in my professional work counseling immigrants, that may benefit you.

I am just wondering what culture you came from, and what culture you are presently living in...

In the meantime, sometimes it might help if you reframe your intended outcome, that is, try stating it in different ways. Even in different languages! Just make sure it is stated in a positive way, what you want...not what you don't want.

And as we used to say in the early days of NLP, "How do you eat an elephant?" "One bite at a time!"

BTW, ALex' observation is right, your written English is great...and I could guess that as your third language, you may have a talent for communication...

quote:
Originally posted by Jade:

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the results (before I actually lose my motivation and stop listening to this CD ?

Take a break. The Paraliminals are not intended to be use non stop. You use the with your purpose in mind. for a couple of days (a week or two for Self-Esteem Supercharger) then take a few days off to notice your results. Page 8 of the booklet goes into more detail.

Another thing to do if you're not getting the results you want is change the questions. After all, if you alway do what you've always done, you will continue to get what you always got.

Alex

Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Vita-man,

Thanks a lot for your response and for your kind words.

Although my written English is not bad, spoken one is far from being so
Strange enough, most people say speaking is easier than writing. Well, not for me…
And the main reason is lack of confidence of course.

I hoped self-esteem supercharger could boost my confidence. Maybe I want too much from the CD or maybe I need a different paraliminal. Go figure!

Once again, thanks for your support.

Jade

P.S. I was born in Russia, and then lived in Israel for 15 years. I started learning English 5 years ago (after we moved to USA).

[This message has been edited by Jade (edited September 21, 2005).]

Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

To Alex:

Thanks for your advice, Alex. That’s exactly what I’m going to do! I’ll take a break, and meanwhile I rethink the questions.

By the way, as I said in my previous post, maybe I want from thins CD something it can’t really give me…

After all, my main problem is lack of confidence… Do you think I need a different paraliminal?

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Try New Behaviour Generator or if I get the right impression that you want more confidence speaking English Sales Leap is the Paraliminal to use. Ironically that one is good for building self confidence, especially in communicaton and selling. And when you think about it you're always selling something when you talk.

Alex

Jade Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex, thanks. You're very helpful!

Hi Jade
Your understanding of English is fine. It is common for people to doubt their ability to speak or understand English! I once had a client discuss Shakespear, argue philosophy, and describe her previous job of computer programming before telling me her language ability was poor!

Sometimes people make the choice to compare themselves with others instead of themselves, (or modeling others instead of comaparing!) ...so I ask you, Is your English better now than it was 1 year ago? 2 years ago? 5 years ago? My guess is that it is continuously improving, and will continue to do so. So therefore, your ability to learn and apply language is great!

Some things I have suggested to clients is to hire an acting teacher for "accent reduction" lessons. Another is to listen to native speakers as if you were listening to music. That tricks your perception into hearing more subtleties. Also, you can watch movies with the subtitles on, and of course, engage in lots of conversations with native speakers!

Alex' suggestion to use the NBG to pick up skills is a good one. You could also use Magnetism to model someone.

Good luck, Jade, and keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved