Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi Pete,

Do you have any plans to release more EasyLern Language courses? like a continuation for the old courses so that we can learn even more words or completely new languages?

You could have such languages as Italian, Greek and Swedish. Swedish kan be understood in all Scandinavian countries like Denmark, Norway and Finland since each language is so similar. And Swedish is the largest language in those countries.

What are your plans?

Yes, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are similar. But not Finnish, not the least, it's a totally different language family. The only way a Finn could understand Swedish is if he/she is bilingual and vice versa. Also, I don't think I'm alone, as a Swede, to think that Danish is rather hard to understand. However, Danes seem to have no problems at all to understand Swedes (a bit peculiar perhaps...).

If you want to learn Swedish, I'll be glad to help you.

OP Offline

Zues >> I think about 15-20% of the Finnish people have Swedish as thier first language and a lot more then that as thier second language - so I still think you could make yourself understood with Swedish in Finland. All of their road signs are in both Finnish and Swedish as far as I know.

Well, perhaps, I've only spoken English when I've been to Finland (only a few times). I was thinking more of the similarities between the languages; if a Finn and Swede (who can only speak their respective native language) try to understand each other it won't work.

Where are you from?

[This message has been edited by zeus (edited July 18, 2002).]

Since I'm from Denmark, this is quite simple to answer from a Danish point of view.

The languages of Danmark and Norway are almost the same. Pronounced in the same way, and almost written in the same way.

The next closest similar to Danish is Swedish. It's a bit difficult to listen to, but after some time, you're getting what they are saying*s*.

Then the last one is Finland. For us danish people it's complete rubbish to listen to (if you can't talk Finish). They have something with their rrrr--- in words, more lide Schwitzerland.

Hope that made something clear.

I was kind of hoping they were thinking about something having to do with integrating PhotoReading and lucid dreaming. That'd be a cool course.

I heard somewhere that you can explore what a book is about in your lucid dreams, after PhotoReading the book.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved