Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13708 08/14/03 07:15 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 903
Member
Member

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 903
I know this has briefly been discussed.

In preperation for the Retreat, will be bringing some of my favorites paralims. I have no problem listening to them at home as I have a HUGE stereo system I use for listening to tapes.

Portability is a problem, I really don't want to spend $$$ on a tape player ... rather spend my $$$ on a MP3 player. (Hold much more stuff, portable)

I've tried recording my paralims to mpe/wav using various methods/software and have run into an issue whereby the left and right channels are equal and not seperate. You know, this sound should be in the left ear, this sound should be in the right ear ... when recorded to mp3/wav come out both channels.

Anyone know how to get around this ... if not it's off to the store to buy a darn tape player I don't want!!!

Love and Light

Michael Saikali








#13709 08/14/03 08:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 306
Member
Member

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 306
It sounds like you're losing the stereo signal somewhere. Are you sure you're using a stereo cable and not a mono cable when ripping from an analog source? Also, check the line input controls on the PC or your program to ensure that the left and right channels are enabled. Do you output the file as a wav file? There are many wav file formats some of which are low quality or mono . etc., etc...






#13710 08/25/03 04:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 3
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 3
you should uncheck the joint stereo option in the program that you use to convert wav to mp3. i hope this reply is not too late.







Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.077s Queries: 19 (0.030s) Memory: 2.9882 MB (Peak: 3.5948 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:02:59 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS