Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21347 05/24/01 07:04 AM
levium Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everybody,
I have read the PR book already, and I have some questions to ask. I am sorry
but for me is impossible to aford the program.
1.- with PR, do you keep information of the book you phptoread, or just you have a ligth
idea.
In this method, With so many scans of the book you are reading is it true you
reduce a lot of time?,
It seems as if so many scans is like reading too many times the book.
2.- What is the 5 plan method? I don't really find it in the book. Can anyone explain it?
3.- I don't know if I have reached the photofocus method. I can see the blip page, but I
I do see a mess in the letters. It is like a black cloud for me. It really seems to be a 3D vision, but I can't see the letters clearly.
4.- In the photofocus...Do I have to se both pages opened in a book or one page at a time?

Thank you in advance everybody, and I hope to get far with this method, I really derire it.

Lev.

#21348 05/24/01 06:34 PM

1. yes and no. it depends on your purpose and your ultimate application of the book. time is a linear factor in the function of comprehention.
2. yes if you do it efficiently and not over deep. just do it and compare.
3. the 5 day method is very simple: ONLY pr books for 5 days then only read normally books for 5 days. compare the results in understanding, comprehention and ofcourse quantity of books.
4. if ur getting into a big mess with diverging your eyes just use the X method detailed in the book. photofocus is just a signal that you are reading using your whole mind. it is not the thing that makes the difference its only the indicator.
5. look at both pages. personally, at first i tried to open up my sight and notice everything i could. then i've applied it on a book.

just have fun

Raanan Hadar

#21349 05/25/01 04:06 AM

1. you basically let your eyes blur and see the whole room and the book is like in the middle of your optical view. with the book you're just flipping the pages by the second while you chant. it's not like you 'stare at the page for a minute kind of thing. its much more relaxing than that.
number two should tell you how it's done.
2. Check website... I can't believe Ranaan didn't mention it. http://www.learningstrategies.com/PhotoReading/Intro3.html

3. some can't and some can, but they all can photoread at some level. I can't see the blip page but i can do it.

4. it's up to you. I find it easier to keep the book still and just turn the pages as well as keep my head still and my eyes still too. if you're experienced, according to a lot of people, you could snap out of focus of the photoread and then go back into it without breaking the pace or the 'alert but relaxed' state. I haven't reach to that ability yet.

anyway its mostly what ranaan says.

Miss eggy

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved