Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23660 10/01/01 09:03 PM
OP Offline

I have been using the course for about 6 months now. I can obviously tell that it is helping me in school. I mean things are just seeming to becoming easier. I still have a problem with OVER dipping. Like WAY OVER. Especially when it comes to History. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop myself from doing that? Or am I dipping so much because there is so much to know? I would just like to make my reading go by ALOT faster in this class. Do you think the reading the first and last sentence idea works well? Also.. Is there a way to get photoreading to work for math? I cannot figure it out. I dont do bad in math.. but photo reading doesn't seem to be helping me. Well I am a college student who is trying to get my GPA up..trying to transfer to the UT business school. So I have to keep it up. Any info you could give would be great. I need to be moving through this material faster.

#23661 10/02/01 05:15 AM

There's nothing wrong with over dipping if you already got the main points covered, which SuperReading leads too. That's pretty much the point of SuperReading- once you find what you're looking for you dip into it. Sounds like you're SuperReading to a point then switching to RapidReading and staying stuck there for a while. If that bothers you, just Superread and mentally note where the info is at, don't dip, then go back and Rapid Read the important points. I think that way you'll spend the most time on the important points but on the surface it probably sounds like you'll be doing the same thing you're doing now.

#23662 10/02/01 09:15 PM
OP Offline

Is there any way to move through faster? As to know what info is important? I have the PR down.. I just wana utilze it better...faster I guess would be the better word. I would like to get through ALOT of college material in minute time.

#23663 10/03/01 05:28 AM

The fastest way is to know SPECIFICALLY what you want by writing strong purposes and detailed mind probe questions and then just SuperRead till you find it, after the PR step of course. The purpose(s) will keep you from stopping on unrelated ideas. If you read without it you'll stop on everything that looks good.

If you don't know yet what info is important, gather trigger words of what you "feel" would be important during your preview (you can re-preview anytime). When you stop and dip on those words during superreading they'll probably be related to other concepts (more words) that you didn't pick out initially and you'll dip on them too and you'll probably end up over dipping again but you'll be in a better position to make up mind probing questions for another round of Superreading. May sound like alot of work, even SLOW but believe me, you are reading actively and will remember it alot better this way.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved