Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

OK--I've got the tapes and yesterday started PR. Amazing! I found that some of the eye positions I've been doing since a child. However, I still need to learn to relax more while PR because I stiffened up turning the pages. I did remember a couple of words..but only found one in the actual place. This I'll need to work on.

Now, when I first listened to the Perfect Health tape, I panicked. I don't know why because the next day I had no problem and, in fact fell asleep.

I'm going to try to take a nap before I listen to some of these tapes so that I won't fall asleep. (although, as an insomniac I should be happy???)

Any advice for me at this stage?

Thankie kindly,

Marian

Hi Marian!
I know what you mean about not making it through to the end of a tape!!
But I hadn't thought to take a nap before listening ... that's a new one!

However, I can already tell a difference in my behavior - what I deem to not be so important any more, and what is coming easier for me. Gosh, I am SO glad I "happened" to hear the commercial on the radio 4 weeks ago while taking out the trash. (I put it on the hood of the car and drive down to the end of the driveway!) The radio was turned on to the oldie station my husband always listens to ... and the rest is history, as they say!
I really like the Genius tape, btw. Although I'm not sure it's working. I've had it for 4 days now and I don't feel like a genius yet. Ahh well. I guess LS can't bat a hundred percent all the time ...

Ann

PS - I'm sold on the PR system. It isn't magic, but it's gosh darn close!!
My only advice would be to take it slow, and have fun with it. And to that end I might add - I really stink at the Dictionary Game!!
But I sure do sleep better at night. And I am remembering my dreams more also. I am much more relaxed now than I used to be -- way back last month!! The changes are subtle and not so subtle - and I'm just plain enjoying the process.
I got this with my college children in mind. But I know that I will have to show them that it works on myself before they will even give it a second glance. So far, so good.
However - you can lead a horse to water, but ...

[This message has been edited by Ann7822 (edited December 02, 2001).]

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

Ann:

Yes! I'm thrilled, also. I really do believe in serendipity because whenever I'm ready for something different...it's there. And PR is definitely different. I'm going to just have fun with all of it and not push myself. I'll probably end up ordering all of the tapes..

I'm also not going to worry too much about the dictionary game. I'm really excited about the whole thing. Since I've read most of the posts on this BB, I've begun to realize that if you worry too much about how it works, it doesn't.

Marian

Took me a couple months to get a few Para's to work.

I think the SMOKEFREE one could have multiple uses because I used it for snuff- everytime Paul made a reference to smoking I mentally said "chewing." Technically you could substitute ANY word in there. Now I'm doing it for coffee (because I'm sick of HAVING to drink it everyday just to function) and I'm going to test it on everything from getting angry to wanting to watch TV all the time.

Who knows what can happen.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved