Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2602 02/03/01 08:23 PM
OP Offline

I am currently studying Law at UCL . There I met a Psychology post graduate student who was conducting experiments on music, lighting etc. and how it affected peoples abilities at performing tasks. As a photoreader ( not a great one ) I have used the Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger tape to great benefits in my academic work. I suggested that he use my Personal Genius paraliminal tape and see its results. He made the participants listen to the tape before carrying out some spatial, comprehension and logic tasks.

Only a few days ago he got back to me with the results which showed that the PG tape had shown the greatest improvement in the abilities of the participants. He said there was a 30-40% increase in the participants abilities above normal using the PG tape. This has vanquished any remnants of scepticism about the effectiveness of the paraliminals in my mind and has led me to believe that purchasing more paraliminal tapes is the most psoitive act I can do.

He now wishes to carry out a pilot study using my memory supercharger tape before conducting more in depth research later in the year.

What I would like to know is what are the results ontained by the Learning Strategies Corporation with the paraliminals? Can you make them public for us all to see? What experiments did you conduct?

Do you have any suggested experiments for my friend to conduct?

PS. In my Law course there is a student who has done the Reading Genius course by Ed Strachar. He showed me the speed he could read at and only ten minutes later was ready for me to ask him questions on the material which he did seem to have a good grasp of. Does anyone know anything about this Course?

#2603 02/03/01 09:56 PM

I have the reading genius course and I found it to be vastly superior to any other conventional speedreading course. On this
site people say that RG requires music to read books; that is not true, music is there only to help, you can read without
it. Also you only need to practice 5 mins a day to improve your skills after you took the course. By the way I started to read much faster immideately after I listened to the first 4 tapes which are in this course, no need to do anything like photoreading 3
books a day for three months before you get spontaneous activation. Still, I think photoreading is a usefull tool in addition
to RG. Usually I photoread the book the day before I plan to read it. I must say that I am a beginning photoreader. For those who want to read conventional way with higher speed, the best course is Rai Dudley's http://www.speedreadingworld.com - this course, unlike others doesn't require one to use his hand as a pacer, rather you imcrease your reading speed by eliminating subvocalization and increasing mental processing speed. with as little as 15 mins a week one can expect to read 2000 wpm in a few months.

The way I see it, all those systems are just tools that coould be incorporated into reading the book on certain stages. First you photoread it, then start activating, no need to superread and dip though, read it GR way instead. If, afer that, you feel like you still want more, you can go back to those places that attract you and speed read them. total, it should take you about one hour to read a difficult book, with comprehension that satisfies you.

#2604 02/06/01 12:28 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Parvinder: Have your friend call me to talk about other potential studies, etc. 800-735-8273.

Nick: Thanks for your take on Reading Genius and Dudley's program (no one else had ever commented to me on it either here on the Forum or in real life).

Our "Double Your Reading Speed in 10-Minutes" program is very good for increasing regular reading speed. From our home page search for "Double your reading."

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved