Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31313 09/22/02 11:17 PM
seto Offline OP
OP Offline

I've had the photo reading package for about 3 years now. The first time I tried it, I gave up after learning the photo reading step. I told myself "This can't possibly work". Well here I am again, I am in a computer systems program and I have a course load of 7 courses. I have a lot of reading and material to absorb.

Last night, I read the first half of the photo reading book and I am determined to achieve the photo reading skill. However, I have a few questions.

For the tangerine effect, how can I accurately know whether or not I am doing it right? I mean, I think of a tangerine floating behind my head but that seems to be all in the head. Nothing physical really changes. Unlike the cocktail weenie effect I don't know if I'm doing it right or not.

Can I do the preview step without having the tangerine behind my head?

Does the photo reading step require me to utilize soft gaze and tangerine effect?

Can photo reading too much or too many books at one time be dangerous? Will my brain overload and slam all the books into one thing that won't make any sense?

#31314 09/23/02 02:23 AM
Administrator
Administrator

One way of getting the 'feel' for the tangerine effect is to actually touch the back top of your head when you place the imaginary tangerine. Your hair moving gives you a good focal point. At some point you may actually feel a strong sensation in your head there.

Yes you can probably do the preview without the tangerine. The tangerine is intended to get you into focus on the whole photoreading process, practice makes perfect.

The photoreading step consist of Accelerative learning state, photofocus (soft gaze) and tangerine technique.

I haven't had any bad side effects photoreading 10 books or so at a time take a break and photoread 10 more. Usually they are about the same general topic it seems the mind has the knack of picking the best bits of information from each

Alex

#31315 09/25/02 11:56 AM

why dont u actually try putting a real tangerine on the back of your head?
I cant actually think how it will feel so i cant imagine it , i will first actually put one maybe so that i can think of it later.

#31316 09/25/02 10:43 PM
seto Offline OP
OP Offline

A real tangerine? You mean tie one behind my head? That is kinda funny, lol.

#31317 09/25/02 11:18 PM

Nooooo. Just take a real tangerine while sitting up straight with your eyes closed, place it on the top back part of your head. Notice the feeling of the tangerine resting there. Notice the weight of it sitting on your head. Fill exactly where its resting in your mind. Practice with this a few time daily. This is known as a "trigger".

#31318 09/26/02 12:20 AM
Administrator
Administrator

You know you could just replace the tangerine with a cap... call it your 'thinking cap' and put that on every time you get ready to photoread.

It's better if you can visualise, sense or know the back of your head without relying on 'actual physical' items. Imaginary ones are harder to misplace The idea is to become aware of the back of your head to get the mind thinking. Much like deciding to wiggle your toe... you have to throw your awareness there first.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved