Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi I am with a little problem when i am going to do the rapid reading.
I can read every word clearly, but after I read it I don´t remenber what i readed.
I don´t kwon if the tangeriina tecnique was suppose to make me understand what I rapid read, because there would be more concentration.
Maybe i am not waiting the tecnique make effect, could be that ?
weel if you have any tips , send me please.
Thanks.

Administrator
Administrator

Check the following and see if any might apply to you.

1.If you are following rapid reading after doing the other activations steps one possible reason might be because you haven't discovered anything new and rapid reading was reduntant for that book. That is you already knew the information in the book before you started.

2. You had a very poor purpose for reading. Check what you wanted from the book. Why did you want to read the book in the first place.

3. You might be going too long without a break. Make sure you take a 10 minute break for every 45 to 50 minutes of reading. It gives your conscious mind a chance to catch up with what it has read.

4. Give yourself permission to be more flexible - slow down when it is interesting/informative or when you learn something new . Speed up again when you already know what you are reading.

5. The material is a lot more complex than light reading and you are trying for speed rather than comprehension. In this case do some more manual activation first.

Remember some material will take longer than others... particularly stuff that is new to you, of a complex nature or written with words that you are not used to using. Check if you would have read this sort of text before learning to photoread. If it was stuff you used to avoid you need to allow more time to cover this material than stuff you are already familar with.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks again
I Did the rapid reading and It worked.
The problem was the purpose.
Thanks

For the record - the tangerine technique, while doing manual activation seems to have some strange effect on myself as far as recall goes. It's very strange. Maybe I'm the only one, but if I do normal reading or activation with the technique, the text goes smoother and faster, but I find it harder to recall it.

-youngprer

OP Offline

Exactly!!!
That´s what happens with me. I read fast and smoother but Its harder to recall
you are not the only one.We are normal !!!!
Komplicado

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved