Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34554 02/01/03 05:43 AM
OP Offline

I got the book and have gone through it a few times and am now getting to actually doing it. I can see the blip easy(and the cock weinie finger trick...I even got all 5 fingers on both hands working at once...5 floating wienies, woohoo!) but when I go to try and lower it to the center of the page, the blip does go away like it says it might...its depressing, I sit there and watch it slowly slide away...the blip gets smaller and smaller, the words closer and closer to the real thing, and its gone. I thought it was kind of weird that I can watch the blip page go away slowly and not just jump away...any advice on keeping it?

Discovery!! Is this blip page thing just like those magic eye books, where you look at what seems to be nothing and then see a picture out of it? Im thinking this is the exact same thing, because I realized I can see the blip page in the center if I hold the book close to my face like those magic-eye books say and slowly bring it away, and tada, the picture appears. so tada, I do that and the blip appears. with me though, it seems if I get to a certain distance away from my face I loose it, maybe I will get better at it

Finally, is the actual photoreading just opening the book, seeing the blip for about a second or two, and then flipping to the next page? Is that it? Also, am I supposed to be able to use that "hard focus" while in "soft focus"? If I decide to, I can sit there and read normally what is on the blip page, sure some words from page 1 and page 2 may mix in the middle but I can read it and understand what its saying...thats weird..haha but I generally loose my blip not too long after I catch it, all the time. at least if I am looking at the middle of the page.

Finally-again. How big should the blip page be? Does it matter how "wide" it is or will anything work? When staring over the top of the book, it looks a little over an inch wide, but when moving to the center, it can shrink to a much smaller size, but still there. does that matter? And, if I can see the blip, does it mean im photoreading right and am taking in all the things I need to? Should I be making the blip seem crystal clear, or just leave it somewhat blurry like I find it? I can make it clearer and all(like when I go and want to read whats on it) but it takes a second longer. Its also fun to halfway close the book and move the blip around...it looks neat seeing the words and sentences cross over and go into the opposite page...haha anyways....and...is there a blip on the computer screen? I cant ever seem to get one...do you just have to imagine your own blip and know your doing it right?

[This message has been edited by superman857 (edited February 01, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by superman857 (edited February 01, 2003).]

#34555 02/01/03 06:12 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Keeping the blip page - don't try so hard. You get better at it the more yu use it/

Is seeing the the blip page similar to looking at magic eye pictures with parallel vision.

The aim is to maintain soft focus. It's quite common to see some of the words in the blip clearly. If it bothers you or pulls you into hard focus turn the book over.

Alex

#34556 02/01/03 06:17 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The size of the blip will be what is comfortable for you. One inch suits some others like wider... others narrower. Just as long as you manage a steady state.

Alex

#34557 02/01/03 06:29 AM
OP Offline

well, is seeing the blip page the actual photoreading? If so I photoread my first book. I dont know if I did it good or not, I just know I saw the blip page on each page for about a second or two and turned the page and went to the next...if thats all, then I did it. But I don't know if it counts, I kinda forgot to state a purpose first before photoreading, so I stated a purpose to myself while I photoread. Is that bad to think and all with the concious mind while photoreading, or is it alright as long as you keep the blip? Instead of saying chants or listening to a metronome, I sorta was thinking about my purpose and things like that.

#34558 02/01/03 03:02 PM

First, yes, the blip page does gradually disappear in the beginning. However, as you PR more books, you get better and better. In the beginning I kept having to focus on something and move the book infront of my focus many times to see the blip page--as i was PR'ing!

Yes, that is what the PR'ing step is. You see the blip page on each page for a second or two.

And yes, the conscious mind always tends to wander. Perhaps try to focus on PR'ing or the chant--but not too hard.

Consider debriefing the PR'ing process--checkout the "Climbing the PhotoReading Ladder" by Matt Turco on http://www.geniusbydesign.com

#34559 02/01/03 03:11 PM
OP Offline

well, ive gotten to where the blip doesnt fade away, and it even stays while turning pages and all. Last night I started the whole deal with PR and spent about 3 and a half hours goin through everything. I can hold the blip now. But if PRing is just seeing the blip on each page for a second or two, then why does it matter how you keep your concious mind occupied? Is keeping it occupied by the chant just so you dont loose the blip, or is there another reason why you shouldnt have your mind wander? If its just holding the blip, I can sit there and have a conversation with someone while holding the blip page now(maybe it was all those magic eye books where you see the pictures that way when I did them as a kid). But if I don't want my concious mind to be doing anything like that, im sure I could do the chant, but I dont see the need to if it doesn't matter what im thinking as long as I hold the blip.

#34560 02/01/03 04:32 PM
Administrator
Administrator

The blip page is in the center spine and stays you see both pages 1 to 2 seconds. The purpose of the chant is clearly explained on page 49 under Maintain a steady state...

Alex

#34561 02/01/03 04:59 PM
OP Offline

I know where the blip is and can see it and keep it easy. It says on page 49 the chant is for keeping out negative thoughts and such. Does that mean that as long as I keep the blip and dont start telling myself I cant do it and everything that I am alright and my concious mind can do whatever to keep it occupied from those thoughts, or does that mean I dont need my concious mind doing anything on its own really such as thinking about the day and such.

#34562 02/01/03 10:13 PM
Administrator
Administrator

The blip page is merely an indicator that you have photofocus.

State = Accelerative learning State,
Chant = maintaining the ALS

Mind chatter is not the ALS state.

Everything in the book is there for a reason.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited February 01, 2003).]

#34563 02/02/03 12:14 AM
OP Offline

alright, thanks for the help.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved