Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34821 02/10/03 09:56 PM
OP Offline

tommorrow I have a quotations test all of the sudden and have definately not been reading the book...Its on the last book in the Once and Future king, and will consist of 10 quotations and we just have to say who said it. For one, how easy will I pick up on quotations and who said it with photoreading? I havent really put to full swing into play, but I figure its about time to try and activate this book...haha I have been rather busy lately...She says in the previous books(which I kinda was busy and skipped the two middle books out of three) will help you a lot because the quotations are things that you can tell who it is by how they have evolved throughout the whole story. If I PR the whole book a few times to make sure I get it all, and then just activate the last book, will the other two books help me out even by just PR them without activation or is that counting too much on spontaneous activation. Or is it more like direct learning where people PR a few books and activate one to get a better understanding, but maybe not because its bout characters development and not just the same thing over and over again in different books...I just havent started these last three books in the series...and have a quotations test tommorrow over the last book. All the quotes are from the last book but the previous ones can help you figure out who said it.

#34822 02/10/03 11:52 PM

Sounds easy. When you mind map the characters, mind-map some of their most striking personality traits and key beliefs. That way, when you see a quote, you know who is likely to have said it.

Example, for the play Romeo and Juliet: "I am fortune's fool." You don't need to have line-by-line read the play to know who said it. Just make a list of the people who could be said to be fortune's fools. Mercucio, who is stabbed in a fit of misfortune, and always plays the fool is one choice. Another choice would be Romeo, who is one of the "star-crossed lovers." Once you've narrowed down the list, your intuition will tug towards the correct answer.

On a totally unrelated-at-the-surface note, check out the book "Requiem for a Dream." It's written for PhotoReaders. The book does not use quotation marks, and never identifies exactly who says what.

#34823 02/13/03 03:47 AM

its written for photoreaders? in what way?

also, whats it about?

agent orange

#34824 02/13/03 03:00 PM

LOL Kaiden that quote could apply to 90% of Shakespeare's characters.

I agree with Kaiden that you should read to understand the characters, however I think you try and get an idea of the plot development.

Unfortunate for you I never finished that book. It was too dry. Since it is one version of the Arthurian legend you already know some of the characters, however there are a lot of differences in this tale and the movie variants.

Good luck, and go with your intuition.

Iam2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved