Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35703 03/25/03 03:41 AM
OP Offline

I pr and activated that book for history, and it might have actually worked. I got a 92 on the test, and she is giving us all an 8 point curve, so that makes me get 100 on it. woohoo thats good cuz its worth 2 test grades and I need it in there definately. I probably spent a lot more time activating than I was supposed to though, but on the last book test in there I read it normal and got a 80 or somethin I think. This one I probably spent a total of 3-4 hours on, I dont know how long The Scarlet Pimpernel wouldve taken normally...I did bout 4 sessions and they turned out 45 minutes to an hour long usually, no where near the 20 minutes I was supposed to do, but I didn't do any rapid reading or anything like that, I did one little mind map cuz I just dont really know how to do those yet. All it had on it was characters in the book in the middle and off of that some of the main characters and little things of the sort and drew lines between them and on the line wrote the relationship and that was about it, I suck at mind maps, but hey it was my first try.

hehe. I'd be a little more carefree if you can afford that. What grade are you in? AP US history = blowz. I find out that 10min activation isn't enough the HARD way. LOL.

well, make that 2x20min. It starts to gel, but it felt like it was at my finger tips, almost there. Tests are deadly, I get basics in about 10min, rest of the time I try to link facts, lots of weird facts. MORE PR!!! Must overload, must go insane...

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited March 24, 2003).]

With characters, there is a variant of the mind-map called a coterie chart. You may wish to consider it.

First, make a diagram of all the characters. Then, link them with arrows. On the arrows, write one emotion. The main problem with this is that the emotions between characters tend to be dynamic over the course of a story. However, the coterie chart gives you a good idea of who hates who and why. If you like to start big, I'd recommend "Nine Princes in Amber" by Rodger Zelanzy as an excellent starting point. It involves the plotting of a royal family, nine brothers and four sisters, to decide who will be the next king of Amber, the One True City.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved