Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I just want to understand how the brain can process unclear information that is send at 25.000 words per minute to the unconcious mind. When We photoread we cannot see all the words on focus, how can I know that the information was processed by the pre-conscious processor?

You can see all the words clearly. However, most people don't. Luckily you don't need to see the words clearly for your mind to decipher them. Your mind uses lots of rules for decoding the markings on the paper / screen to identify words.

How can you know..... well learn the system, use the system and discouver that it does.

Sorry for the bluntness of the reply, but you sound like you dont believe the system will work. That belief will be your biggest hurdle to getting it to work. Your brain is powerful, if you believe you will fail, then your brain will find a way to make your right.

Wishing you the best and sending love,
Iam2

Administrator
Administrator

There are enough cues and clues in the patterns of the letters for the mind to be able to sort out the patterns. Ironically this was demonstrated by 3 posters in this last week.

The fact of the matter is the brain looks for and sorts out patterns. It has even been shown to 'fill in the blanks'. (The blind spot.) There has even been research done that shows that people can 'see' words at an extreme distance where we say we cannot see them and when asked to 'guess' the word they have a very high success rate. Statistically much greater than chance.

This research is only the tip of the ice berg to understanding what the brain does. How exactly it does it... they are still working on it.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 21, 2003).]

Photoreading works. I know this because I do it. When I photoread the page is blury I cannot see clearly without my reading glasses wich I don't wear when I'm photoreading. There is a lot of research on the preconscious processor out there. The most relevant stuff I ever found was by running a search on PaulScheele and reading all of his posts. I thinks it's good to be a little skeptical but you are asking questions so you are willing to challenge your old reading beliefs. I look at photoreading like driving. When you are driving you will start to react to something prior to conscious comprehension of it. I do Aikido and other martial arts. The japanese Samurai had a saying of Staring at the Moutian. They would stare into the distance until their mind/preconscious would see something for them to shoot at. The great swordsman did too. They would let their preconscious mind guide their body as to how to defend as well. You can see the same thing in sports as well. Photoreading is taking this state of consciousness and applying it to reading and letting you mind do the reading outside of your conscious awareness. This is hard to do if you have no belief you can. Photoreading is a huge paradigm shift for most people it especially was for me. Just keep photoreading it will come, the speed and comprehension. The Belief tape can help as well. Let you mind do the work for you. I hope this helps

Bruce

Despite how it may seem unclear to you, your subconscious gets the information. For example rape victims who have a trouble giving a positive description at the time of the crime and go back and retrieve the memories though hypnosis. Photo reading does work, you have heard of subliminal messages. Have you heard of the subliminal message that they showed during a movie for 40 milliseconds? It said “Hungry? Eat popcorn”. Popcorn sales rose 50% that weak. They outlawed that type of advertising. Photoreading the same concept, just this is being applied in a positive manner. I'm new to this, also I'm a highschool student so I can't really aford for this not to work, especially if I photoread everything, or I'm screwed. I believe that this works.

OP Offline

Thank you everybody! I just wanted to know more about this subject. I am studying photoreading and trying to understand the subliminal process that happens during photoreading. But know that I know it works, how can I have the information that was processed preconsciously?

Administrator
Administrator

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~pawel-lewicki/

This is probably the best place to start on the web to find out about non conscious information processing.

Alex

OP Offline

Thank you Alex.

This may delve too much for some people.

However Carl Jung was a man very interested in the subconscious. http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/jung.html

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved