Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40303 01/21/04 12:46 AM
OP Offline

Hi all. It has been a long time that i don´t post here. Well i will go direct to the subject.
Is there anybody that knows NLP, and knows Modelling ?
I wanted to model someone that master PRing, and see the results. And then i would post here.
Well, it´s just an idea that it might work, for accelerating the process of learning PR.
Thanks

#40304 01/21/04 06:37 AM

Hi komplicado i think the perfect model for you would be Paul Scheele.Paul has an extensive background in nlp (as for photoreading he created photoreading)i think he has some experience with modeling but to what degree i do not know.

Other photoreaders that would be great models(but i do not know if they have any background in nlp or modeling) but would be models or examples of outstanding photoreaders are Pete Bissonette, Dana Hanson, Alexk, Michael Saikali, Iam2.
photoread4me

#40305 01/21/04 12:34 PM
OP Offline

Hi photoread4me, And yes, Paul scheele and these other PRers would be really good to model. I Had this idea because i just changed a belief that was "I can´t PRed the entire book and maintain the stated", and now tha i changed, i could do that!.
So If you can model someones way of PRing, you will have a major sucess. Now We just have to find some people that knows NLP.
Maybe LSC in the future could try to make this MODELLING PROJECT for people who don´t know nlp. Structure it in a way that you don´t have to have a big background on it.
I think it might work.
Thanks. Komplicado.

#40306 01/21/04 01:13 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Actually that is already a part of the Genius Code course. Where you select the person who has the skills you would like to acquire and 'put on their head' to model them.

Alex

#40307 01/21/04 02:32 PM

I don't have the genius code, but I don't think that the NLP modelling is done for PhotoReading in it.

This thread has gone around before, without a response from Paul and Pete. I'm sure they are both well aware of the modelling. I am, and I've never directly studied NLP.

The modelling they are talking about is to facilitate becoming like the expert, not how you think the expert is. It has even helped experts be better, by consciously and consistently modelling their own best performance. At least that's the line I got from the Anthony Robbin's material.

What I do is probably what AlexK is the type of modelling AlexK is referring to. I visualize myself (as many senses and as detailed as I can) fullfilling some deeply desired goal by doing PRing, or being an expert PRer.

The modelling that komplicado is referring to is the adopting the collection of beliefs about PRing, as well as the thoughts and the nature of the thoughts (feelings) that the model has experiences as they PR.

I've shared my beliefs and visualization and purpose forming ideas many times before. However, one belief that I often play is that PR is still only using a very small portion of my true mental capacity. PR is as small a challenge is to my full capacity, as say adding two number less than 10 is to PR. This or similiar images help to remove doubt and anxiety.

I also hold the belief that if the information isn't coming as quickly as I think it should or have visualized, it is just because my mind is preparing me to accept the information. Namely, the process IS working just working in a different manner this time.

I wish I could be a better model, but I still want to be a better PRer myself.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#40308 01/21/04 05:20 PM

Modeling was one of the things that drew me into NLP. Unfortunately, though it is one of the most discussed benefits of NLP it is one of the least taught. During my practitioner training I was the only one interested in modeling. There are only three books that go into detail on it that I know of, "Modeling With NLP" by Robert Dilts, "The Emprint Method" by Leslie Cameron-Bandler, and "Advanced Behavioral Modeling" by Wyatt Woodsmall, generally known as the top modeler in NLP. There are other books that cover modeling as well, usually unconscious modeling.

IMO unconscious modeling it the best route for most people to go. It is easier and works for most skills. It is related to rapport and the techniques involved are similar. In establishing rapport through matching and mirroring you are temporarily modeling the person you are in rapport with. The basic idea in unconscious modeling is to become the other person to the extent you need to learn the skills you want or adapt the attitudes you want to have. There are several techniques such as Deep Trance Identification which is the most complete form but also the one with the most side-effects, the New Behavior Generator which is probably the easiest to do and the most common modeling technique in NLP books, and others such as Putting on Heads and Borrowed Genius from Imagestreaming. Some Paraliminals such as NBG and IPM are good for modeling.

Conscious modeling is a more complex task and there are several ways to do it. What I was taught is that for a specific ability you need two groups of people, one who does the skill well and one that doesn't. You take each group and map out their strategies (this is where eye-accessing cues are very important) , metaprograms, states, submodalities, and beliefs for each chunk of the skill. Someone might have set of distinction s in one context and another in a different context. You compare the maps and decide what information is essential and what is not. Then you test it by installing the model using various NLP skills into people who can't do the skill and take away parts until you have a model of all the essential distinctions for the skill you are modeling. Obviously this is a complex task and would involve a group of people. You could do it one on one but it would be less complete. IMO this is not practical for most people, trained NLP practitioners for most purposes.

As for modeling in Photoreading, in a sense the whole Photoreading course is a model of how it is done. It has even been streamlined since I first took the course and is a much more effective program then when I first took it. I'm not familiar with the Home Study Course or the new Photoreading Activator Paraliminal, but in the playbook I got for my original class there were two Paraliminals using the NBG to install the steps to the Photoreading Whole Mind Reading System.

You can use any of the techniques mentioned earlies such as DTI, NBG, or the techniques from Imagestreaming. It would be best if you can somehow observe the person demonstrating the skill. It is also possible for you to model yourself by taking competence or confidence you have in one area and using submodality mapping and/or anchoring to bring that into your ability at Photoreading.

#40309 01/21/04 10:18 PM
OP Offline

Yes that´s the kind of Modelling that i am talking about. It doesn´t have to be rich detailed, but it must have: Beliefs, Images, sounds that the person hears, while or before or after he/she PR. Feelings,posture, breathing.
Well How do you know that your PRing is going to work out ?
What do you believe that your mind can do while PRing ?
Why will your mind "suck it up" the info ?
And how do you feel when you are going to activate the material ?
This kind of questions, off course they are very few, but this questions can show us how someone that masters one thing, can teach others master like him. In less time.
Komplicado

#40310 01/22/04 02:07 AM
Administrator
Administrator

The modelling method is in the Genius Code course. If you watch the person in action you can model them on just about anything. If you want to apply their behaviours and actions you model them. The GC course guides you though looking at their posture, breathing and actions.

Modelling someone who is good at Photoreading using the process in the GC naturally works. Your actions follow your intentions so if you perceive that the person you're modeling does xyz when photoreading you can model that and make the self adjustments. Ultimately it's not the other persons beliefs about photoreading you need to adopt its your own that need to be modified hence the purpose of modelling.

Alex

#40311 01/22/04 02:15 AM
Administrator
Administrator

BTW my choice for modelling a proficient photoreader was Pete Bissonette since there was more information available about him. Used the GC course in May/June 2002 when I did the modelling project along with the course. Noticed something rather unusual about his breathing whilst photoreading (unusual in the sense that I wasn't expecting it). Then went on to have some interesting experiences that I had posted on the forum. Took my photoreading skill up leaps and bounds I'd say, but shhhh, I haven't told anyone whom I modelled and how so it's a secret between me and the readers of the this post okay?

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved