Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41151 03/28/04 04:04 PM
OP Offline

i'm a sophomore now, and i bought the book last summer. i have tried pring with no sucess and i'm very dissapointed as i read about all the thousands of others who have gotten it to work.i have a strong desire for pr to work, but i'm very skeptikal about the whole thing, maybe that's my problem. well i can't buy the tapes so the book is all ive got, maybe i can have some help- someone to walk me through the process, so i would every much appreciate it if you would help. so,
step 1, prepare: can do, but i'm not sure about "relaxed alertness" also, tangerine technique? i think i can do it if it means look through the page like in "magic eye",
step 2, preview, pulling out key words is a breeze, i think so, i mean i hope i'm pulling out the right words
so, if i could please have some replies and tips and tricks( if there are any haha) before i go on and try to do the photoreading stage, i would really appreciate it thanks!!!

Mia

#41152 03/28/04 04:10 PM

If you'd like some general tips, you can find them here at my Tips page: http://www.youngprer.com/tips.htm

For the Prepare step, as long as you're relaxed and comfortable, you're good. As for trigger words, don't worry about choosing the "wrong" words. There are no wrong trigger words, unless it's obvious wrong words like in, the, as, etc. The trigger words are those which appear frequently, and often times, phrases become trigger words for me as well.

-youngprer

#41153 03/28/04 04:33 PM

This probably isn't what you are looking for, but here it is. Read the book again.

It's good advice for most people, and I think particularly good for you. You'll refresh your understanding of the material, which seem like the can use it. ALSO, you'll notice all sorts of other things in the book on the second, third or fourth time through.

Each time through the material you are in a different state of readiness for the information it contains. Many things will have a different meaning, for you, as you revisit it.

You are perfection. Live your miracle.
Iam2

#41154 03/28/04 09:51 PM
OP Offline

the site was helpful, thanks a lot, and i also reread the book this afternoon, it just seems like after i go through the material, and then photoread, and then go through it again, all im getting out of it is whatever i preview, and if i just preview, i would get the same poor results
hmmmmmmmm
mia

#41155 03/28/04 10:37 PM

Hi Mia; How are you doing? Great i hope. Let me see if i can give some tips that might help.

Prepare: At this stage you are stating your purpose as to what you are going to accomplish with the book.Also with the prepare stage you are taking an imaginary tangerine and placing it behind on your head at the top of your head behind you.

Preview: Here you are doing a quick survey of the book and pulling out trigger words or key terms from the book and review.On a preview you want to keep it short and sweet.Keep it superfical.You don't want to get involved in too much detail at this stage. So you survey the book you look at the table of contents look at chapter titles,look for words used over and over again.These are your trigger words words that you are attracted to base on your purpose. You write down 20 to 25 of these trigger words from the entire book. Now you review and assess what you gotten from your survey and list of trigger words.Do you have enough info or do you need more from the book.

Photoread: This is the component of the Photoreading system that is probably the most powerful. When Photoreading you are exposing the book to the part of the brain known as the other than conscious mind.That part of the brain is very powerful. It can attend to 20,000 things whereas the conscious mind can attend to 7 to 9 bits of info at a time.

Before you photoread you enter the accelerative learning state. You close your eyes and take in a deep breath hold it and silently say the number 3 as you exhale and the word relax.Then you take in another deep breath hold it silently say the number 2 and relax. Then you take in another deep breath hold it and silently say the number 1 and relax. At this point you think of a beautiful place. It can be a beautiful flower or a beautiful forest with a river or a beautiful ocean. You get the idea.

Now you say your affirmations. As i photoread my concentration is absolute. All that i photoread makes an lasting impression on my inner mind and is available to me. I am curious as to how many ways my mind can demonstrate that this information is available to me. I desire the information in this book (say the name of the book) to accomplish my purpose of (state what your purpose is).

You place your imaginary tangerine at the top back of your head and you look at the four corners of the book noticing the whiteness of the pages the book should be a blur you are not reading the book you are exposing the book to the other than conscious mind as flip or turn the pages you say relax, relax, 1,2,3,4, relax, relax.The reason you are saying this is to keep the conscious mind occupied so it does not interfere while you are photoreading.

Now you say your closing affirmations. I acknowledge the feelings i have received from this book. I release this information for my body and inner mind to process. I am curious as to how many ways my mind can demonstrate this information is available to me.

Now you let the book incubate.Don't do anything with the book. Let your mind process the information from the book.Ideally wait 24 hours. If you can't wait 24 hours wait 8 hours or 4 hours. you could even wait 20 minutes but 24 hours is the best.

Activation: You take your 25 trigger words and write questions for your trigger words.Then you look for your answers by superreading and dipping. You are not reading. You are going down the center of the page really fast 4 to 30 seconds a page looking for your trigger word when you see your trigger word you stop or dip read the sentence or paragraph about your trigger word and resume superreading again going really fast looking for your next trigger word and dip again when you find it.

Then you make a mindmap of the book. In case you haven't heard of mindmapping you could do a google search of mindmapping on the internet or you could buy Tony Buzan's the Mindmap Book or you could get the book from your public library.

Iam2's advice is very good. You should read the Photoreading book again. You will find information on it the 2nd time thru that you may have not seen the first time.

Learning Strategies guarantee with Photoreading is that with Photoreading you will be able to get thru a book 3 times quicker than regular reading. It it takes you 8 to 10 hours to get thru a 300 page book with regular reading you should get thru the same book in 90 minutes to 3 hours with Photoreading. If it takes you 60 hours to get thru a complicated textbook with regular reading with photoreading you should get thru the same textbook in 20 hours.
Photoread4me

#41156 03/29/04 02:59 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Shorten the preview to 1 minute or 90 seconds max. Do a longer postview after saying the closing affirmations.

During the postview collect the trigger words.

AlexK

#41157 03/29/04 03:53 AM

In case you can identify with me...

I used to be really frustrated because I saw PhotoReading as a quick fix to my reading burdens. I remember Alex talking about it's not literally a magic formula (despite what Pete says!) but it's a factual skill that you ought to give time to develop.

You can count on progress being gradual, I know that's a lesson I learned.

#41158 03/29/04 02:22 PM

"Desire" and "Scepticism" ... if you've read the Natural Brilliance book, I'd say you are experiencing "Oscillation" which is preventing you from having success.

Basically, a part of you says "Let's do it" and another part of you says "Are you nuts ... cant do that" and basically what happens is you can neither move forward or back ...

This is not a technique issue ... we know you can do it, every one can ... this issue is deeper and should be addressed.

Love and Light

Michael

#41159 03/31/04 11:31 PM
OP Offline

michael- i think you're right, but how do i address this problemo????

#41160 04/01/04 05:27 AM

Mia; you address through affirmations. Paul Scheele himself said "a little skepticsism is fine". So Mia to have some skepticism is ok. It is not ok with statements like "this will never work!" "There is no way this can possibly work! "This is impossible!" Do you see Mia how these statements program a person for failure. Why do you think Paul Scheele has people doing affirmations before & after Photoreading? That's right you guess it. He wants to set people up for success not failure. Remember in my response to your post how i mentioned the affirmation "all that i photoread makes a lasting impression to my inner mind and is available to me". "I am curious as to how many ways my mind can demonstrate that this information is available to me". Those are positive affirmations to bring you closer to success with Photoreading.
Photoread4me
Photoread4me

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved