Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Member
Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
I was just wondering, does pain hinders photoreading? I get piercing headaches frequently, and I also have chronic back problems that cause me pain. Do you think these will prevent my subconscious from picking up the text on each page?






Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Learning Strategies Admin
Member
Learning Strategies Admin
Member

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Do you usually read when you are suffering such pain?

I for one wouldn't be bothered reading or PhotoReading if I were in pain that bothered me to the point of distraction. Yes, distractions can make you ineffective in taking in the information. The intention and attention needs to be there when you PhotoRead.

Then there is pain that is almost always there that the individual has learned to put it aside when focused on something else. If you handle your pain and are able to do that. Then no it won't hinder PhotoReading.

Alex







Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.091s Queries: 17 (0.045s) Memory: 2.9824 MB (Peak: 3.5942 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:02:51 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS