Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Prana and St...thansk for the insight.

I have seen EyeQ before...looks interesting.

I'm wondering, it may allow you to read faster, but can you COMPREHEND faster? That's the problem I have always had with speed reading courses...sure, you can glide your eyes over the m aterial faster, but can you really comprehend that fast?

Someone going from 400 mpm up to 800 or over a 1,000 wpm is great, but how much of the material is actually understood?

The eye exercises on the EyeQ software sound like they'd be beneficial. I wonder if it is similar to the software I inquired about a few weeks ago....ThinkFast.

Maybe Prana could answer that. As I said i use it only for eye exercise, not super reading. But of course I tried to see how my reading developed. The sofware promises a lot, like PR, some wich I am skeptic about.

But unlike PR I could see the results. You can have tests, play games etc..

The program let's you test your superreading with the many essays that is in the content. First you read them, then you take the test. It's interactive so you won't be confused.
BUT BEWARE: They are so easy my that little sister could have got an A++.

I wish that learningstrategies came up with something like that, then people would be more convinced.

But, despite the promises, I have no doubt that the exercises on EyeQ will help you strengthen the eye. Maybe there are others that are for free and better.

As a conlcusion: I don't mean that EyeQ is better than PR. Just that i could see the results much clearly cause it was keeping a journal of my progress.

as many great men have said
"use what is usefull throw the rest away"

i do not find any one system better than another
i find that there are usefull parts and some not so usefull

when i went right up in speed i only found a small decrease in comprehension
but i realise through repeatedly doing it that as my speed increases my comprehension does not keep going down with more speed

it goes up again when i get used to a speed
also i retain much more
plus i can always read it 3 or 4 times or more (at this moment of progress) in the same amount of time
i read something twice in less time with increased comprehension

its like hoping you can stay on your bike when traveling five time the speed you were
!!DO NOT EXPECT TO ALWAYS STAY ON!!
that where we need to practice

some see it as a hit and miss afair
not so
we were already missing some to start with
if we come from perfect comprehension in the first place we would have doing very well anyway so learning to read twice the spped would be of little loss to that kind of person
you may need to build vocabulary and understanding of english grammar to help with some things
i do i know that
my grammar can be improved greatly

i think people are looking too much for results

simply enjoy the practice knowing it to be beneficial and results will bloom
doubt is a huge killer of success

this isnt faith but simply fact
you practice and you will get better
some people are simply clumsly
(a guitar playing friend for example)
but we all start there really

the comprehension will increase as the two sides of the brain are more in sync they will start seeing the words in groups

its all a matter of discipline
do it or do not
there is no try
*wise words of yoda*

anyway i help my rants help people make decisions
thats what we need
people making decisions
do not ride the wave without choosing to go somewhere (roughly) or you could end up anywhere

OP Offline

Hey thanks for the replies. Have you guys ooked into the software called ThinkFast? It seems to be similar to EyeQ in that it has various exercises to test your reflexes, eye movement, etc.....I went to thewir website and was considering ordering it. Brain.com.

I actually emailed them and they said they actually have better software out.

So EyeQ is worth the $150, huh?

id not heard of Thinkfast
checked out a page got it book marked to look at more
and i would say unless you are real poor and need food yes
its worth a good deal more to me

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved