Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45490 10/02/05 02:06 PM
nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

I've photoread a little book (United Nations charter) last night. I've tried to activate this morning, but I don't get any result. Do you think I haven't done it right?

This is what I've done:
probing - no result I didn't remember anything
super read - some articles came out

Can you help please, this is the first book I'm experimenting on.

#45491 10/03/05 03:42 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

What was you're purpose?

It's hard to say whether you've done it right when you don't tell use in more detail what you actually did.

Alex

#45492 10/03/05 09:00 AM
nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks.

I have started with another book, the five day test, which I didn't do.
My activation step is that:
- postview
- super reading + dipping
- map mind

#45493 10/03/05 09:12 AM

No purpose? No Mind probing questions?
No prepare and affirm. No closing affirm?

Alex

#45494 10/04/05 08:30 AM
nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello Alex,

My purpose was to get enough information from the book, the art of closing any deal, because I think it should help.

In fact I decided to photoread chapter by chapter because the book ha too many information within each chapter and contains few paragraph on examples.

I've done my mind probing during activation this morning and it didn't work. By 'it didn't work' I mean I don't recall having read anything, it all seems new to me. I'll try again during the day.
thanks

[This message has been edited by nvictor (edited October 04, 2005).]

#45495 10/04/05 08:51 AM

I'm not surprised mind probing didn't help your purpose isn't a purpose.

Help what?

PhotoRead the whole book activate according to your purpose and questions

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited October 04, 2005).]

#45496 10/04/05 09:28 AM

I think your purpose should be more clearly.just like "I want to get the information so that I can pass the exam.And when passing exam,I can use the information in this."

#45497 10/04/05 10:40 AM
nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi again,
Thanks for replying. My purpose is bad will you help me define a better one?

But first let me tell you why I'm reading this book. This is book is for salesmen, something that has nothing to do with me our my occupations. But "I believe that salesmen are good persuaders and that I can learn to be a good persuader, live a better life, be more confident, be a good talker" by reading this book and practising their habits.

Will you please help define a better purpose than "I want to read this book to be a better persuader."?

Now that I'm thinking of it some mind probing can be:
- What does this paragraph teach?
- How is it related to good persuaders skills?
- What is advised to do in this paragraph...

Do you think I'm in on right way?

thanks for helping

[This message has been edited by nvictor (edited October 04, 2005).]

#45498 10/06/05 10:21 AM

Nvictor you are seriously trying which is more than most people are doing.

A few probing question I would have if I was reading your book would be as follows:

1. How does a salesman think. What are his thought processes when meeting and dealing with people.
2. Does he position himself physical in any particular position (i.e. up close far away)
3. Does the salesman deliberately talk in a different tone.

You must realise that when you look at another person they are thinking. Having thoughts - we all do. When you look at someone, he/she could have a happy smile on their face but their mind is thinking thoughts that are maybe, judging you, classifying you, making fun of you, thoughts that you hope you will never know. So understanding that you have a good place to start from. WE ALL HAVE THOUGHTS, same beautiful and others terrifyingly horrible.

A salesman THINKS, looks at people differently. They have a PURPOSE. This purpose thing the Paul mentions in his PWMS applies across the board. In every facet of our lives. Those people that continually have a purpose are the ones that succeed in life. They're the ones you see that have drive, ambition etc. Purpose encourages focus, drive, energy to grow etc.

A salesman has a purpose, so you must too. When you meet people realize they think as well. Define your purpose when you meet a person. For example, give them the impression I'm happy to be alive. But to give that impression you must all ready know what you must say to come across as being happy. Then go to the library with the purpose of finding a book the helps me to come across as a happy individual who really enjoys life through talking. You keep doing this all through your life. Identify what it is you want to change, have, need etc. Then state your purpose. It is a never ending cycle until we die. But realise your OTC never stops processing.

You also mentioned that you would like to be a good persuader, live a better life, be more confident, and be a good talker. I can see four purposes for reading the book in that statement.

Purpose 1: Develop the mindset to be a better persuader.
Purpose 2: Understand and implement into my life strategies to help me become more confident
Purpose 3: To extract all ideas that will help me to live a better life
Purpose 4: Locate any and all ideas that will help me to understand what makes a person a great converstionalist.

#45499 10/06/05 10:31 AM

You have already got a purpose only not defined it clearly...

I'm reading this book so I can [insert outcome / reason for reading e.g. so I can communicate better at work.

Your purpose will help you focus and help you develop suitable mind probing questions.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved