Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

I have a question. Is word triggering an important step of previewing?
Is it a critical step of photoreading?
I'm asking this because, previewing must not take more than two minutes while postviewing can take 15-20minutes and because I don't write them down.

thanks in advance

Learning Strategies Admin

If you limite your preview to 2 minutes or less pull out trigger words during the post view. Limit posit view to no more than 8 to 15 minutes. If you add more time you run into the problem of becoming a passive reader.

Write down the trigger words because there is no way you can remember 20-25 words collected in that short preview or postview.

Collecting trigger words and forming mind probing questins will help you to become familiar with the PhotoReading system faster. Once you are comfortable with it you will be able to decide when you want to write down trigger words or just notice them. If you skip it while learning you wind up taking taking longer to build your confidence with the system. So instead of confidently PhotoReading within 1 month you can wind up takeing as much as 12 months before you confidently enjoy the results.

Alex

nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Alex.

I'm taking the 5 days test again. I will until it work
There are the trigger words I've pulled out from titles and subtitles:
- types of customers
- age factor
- ethnic factor
- profession factor
- the yes-man
- the I-don't-care man
- the eldery
- the oriental
- artists
- computer industry
- mechanic
- small business men

During the postview step as mentioned in day 2, I have formed mind probing questions.
- what are the different types of customers
- how can each factor influence the customer decision
- how does the yes-man react to closer?
- how does the I-don't-care man react to a closing deal?
- What can the closer do about that?

do you think I'm on the good road?
thanks.

Fine with the questions though I don't know your purpose. What do you ultimately plan to do with the information you obtain?

Also why are you limiting your trigger words to those found in headers and bold?

Alex

nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Well my purpose is the same. It is said that closers and salesmen are great persuaders. By reading this book, I want to learn theirs methods to become a master persuader.

I'm limiting my trigger words to titles and bolds because if I add text words the 25 words limit wouldn't be respected.

By pulling only trigger words from the headings and subheadings you're remaining passive about your approach to reading. Don't take the headings and subheads when you pull trigger words they are too obvious. Trigger words are words that catch your eye in the text and raise your curiosity.

The only reason I would take one from a heading or subhead is when I think the word is weird or out of context with the rest of the material. Then I'd want to know why it's there or what it means.

I have to admit while the your purpose also interests me those trigger words you've listed mean nothing to me. I see nothing more than having to pigeonhole the people. And the result is one question. How do you close with different people.

Of course since I want to know what is great persuasion I'd also want to know which techniques have a common resemblance, which one dominates and is used most often successfully. When it works and when it doesn't work. What are the signs that my prospect isn't persuded.

Naturally within the art of persuasion... not everyone should be converted to your point of view any way

Alex

nvictor Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks you a lot Alex.

I'm refining my method with every reply you make

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
By pulling only trigger words from the headings and subheadings you're remaining passive about your approach to reading. Don't take the headings and subheads when you pull trigger words they are too obvious. Trigger words are words that catch your eye in the text and raise your curiosity.

The only reason I would take one from a heading or subhead is when I think the word is weird or out of context with the rest of the material. Then I'd want to know why it's there or what it means.

Should triggerwords also NOT be taken from headings if they fit perfectly to your purpose?

Is a PR novice also able to take less obvious triggerwords from inside the text?

Are such triggerwords inside text usually emphasized in any case (different font, larger, cursive...)?

Hermi

[This message has been edited by Hermi (edited October 13, 2005).]

Like I said if the word in the header or subhead strikes me then I take it.

Trigger words are any words that carry meaning in the book. Interesting trigger words are often words we see a few times have we check every 10th to 30th page. Trigger word don't always carry emphasis. The look like ordinary words.

Yes, everyone can take words from within the text.

Alex

Do we use the superread to find out the trigger words?Are they anything that catchs our eyes?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved