Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47981 02/18/02 07:03 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
A professional healer, whom I respect, offered an important perspective to me the other day, that I think is a very important to stay aware of when working on yourself and others. I wanted to try and share it. It is often difficult to express these things in words, so please bear with me. My intention is to perhaps bring something helpful to light, for any of us who may have forgotten, or are in the throws of trying to heal themselves or someone else, and needing a lift.
In general regards to our collective purpose: We are not here to fight disease and death,,, search for cures for diseases. We are here to be whole, to be who we are in the fullest sense.
When I thought about this, it reminded me how one can get caught up in healing self or others, and lose perspective on the bigger picture. Some people get so preoccuppied with "taking on" their illness, they forget to live and be themselves. Their life becomes their opposition to their illness. A polarity gets set up that can take them out of their greater possibility of being, who they really are.
In the same token, a healer can become a healing warrior, taking on death, or the disease, again on an opposing level that moves the focus to that level of polarity. Sometimes, it is time for someone to leave. That is ok, death is a natural transition, our spirit moves on. 'Someone can still experience wholeness that this juncture', and make a smooth transition. Sometimes , this should be the focus of the healer, as opposed to stopping at physically trying to heal someone, or stave off death, and possibly experience loss in that encounter, at that level.
I spoke to someone I was working on about this. They can come in , speaking about all the "stuff" they are doing to cure themselves. They might be taking herbs, seeing a doctor, trying different exercises, drugs, trying a few alternative treatments, a magnet session here, a subliminal tape there, etc. They come in like a basket of busy healing stuff! After while, as treatments go on, they seem to lose themselves in the treatments. Their life becomes a quest for healing. They forget who they really are. When I spoke of this perspective to a client/friend, I could see it had an effect . An acknowledgement of a slightly fuzzy perspective. Not being in synch with who you really are, moving harmoniously with your purpose here, enjoying your life, etc., all are things that can be involved in sources of one's illness in the first place. Imbalances that start, as we get off track. Getting someone else, or yourself to remember this, or focusing on being whole, and who you are, is a good perspective to hold. Then do some healing work. Then get back to seeing yourself in the bigger picture, think about your purpose here, and try to harmonize with that. Imbalances can start from this loss of perspective. Who am I , and why am I here. What are my gifts, and what can I be doing to really blossom. Or, what am I doing that is out of synch with who I am, and what "should" I be doing. I know several people who are in jobs, that have nothing to do with their true path. Sometimes they are in purposeful transition or learning important lessons. Sometimes they are in the wrong place. Imbalance occurs,negative feelings repeatedly come up, imbalance, blockages, and sometimes illness results. This is just one aspect, regarding many possible sources of possible inbalance in one's life. I think it is very important as a healer, or the one being healed, to remember the perspective of being whole, and what that is to each of us as individuals. Doing the healing work with this awareness will keep you going, intact, on a higher level, as you move through healing. It will give you a clearer perspective on yourself, and possibly help you source inbalances in your life, that may be causing blockages. In turn, you may be able to help a friend define wholeness to themselves, and keep them on the high road through the healing process.
I have to add here, that I really like SFQ as a method in helping someone else, or self, heal. It is very complete, simple, and I trust it's effectiveness in clearing blockages. Trust is emphasized in its successful practice. I can't inject that trust into someone I'm working on, but I can guide them, and influence them with my energy in a positive way. I also can tell them about being whole, healing, then moving on with their life. Heal, get on with all the wonderful possibilities in your life. Experience your wholeness, become your wholeness, honor your wholeness, better health comes hand in hand.

#47982 02/18/02 10:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 103
Member
Member

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 103
WoW ~ well said, gallen.

~Ann

(I wrote more but decided to let this stand alone. You said it all.)


#47983 02/19/02 10:27 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1
Gallen:

Your point is very well expressed. It seems to me that we are limited largely by our beliefs. As we replace smaller, limited views about who and what we are with more expansive views, our experience of "the world," will change for the better. I am interested in healing, and this may sound odd, but, personally I don't think we should give disease "too" much attention. Treat it, know you are whole, and be done with it. The more we run around frantically looking for "cures," the more we impart our energy and capacity for making reality to a limited belief about who we are.

By the way, I'm new to this site. Its very interesting and I enjoy it!



Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.057s Queries: 19 (0.031s) Memory: 2.9941 MB (Peak: 3.5952 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 06:48:50 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS