Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joel Offline OP
OP Offline

I have had mixed results with the healing part of Qigong. The first time a friend had been limping around and I asked him if I could try something that might help and he said ok. He was fine in about 30 seconds. Then I tried it on someone who had the flu and she thru-up. Not what I would call a roaring success, but she felt better. The third time was a friend who had a back injury and he was doing great, asked the next day and he was enthusiastic and felt great about lifting. The last one was a friend with cancer and I really don't know the result. With myself I haven't had much success except that my blood pressure is down. I have a nagging injury to my knee and arm then I can't seem to get rid of, maybe I am doing something wrong or I need another Qigong practicianer to practice on me. Anyone in the Seattle area that has completed level II please email me.
Thanks

You aren't doing anything wrong. It is great you have had so much to work on already. Working on several people is a great way to learn. You 'are' learning, as we all are. That involves some time to get a clearer picture of what is going on, and feeling comfortable with it. When you do a healing, you feel for blockages. You remove them. If you scan again, the energy will feel different, the blockages will be gone. That is the most you can do, other than your prayers or blessings you impart on your friend. At that point, keeping those areas open, or any other blockages that come up , open, is a forward involvement. Someone does that for themselves, or with help, or the blockage/injury was such that it is gone.
If the blockage is such that more work is likely called for, a more serious blockage, someone has to stay with it. Either your friend, by showing them some Level I exercises, and/or L2 hands to work on themselves, or you seeing them a few times, or both. Again, if it is a serious blockage, having both happen is great. Some types of blockages or illness, take some time to correct, some are instant. If you cover the bases, open them up, bring them energy, etc., you have done the work. You should be able to feel whether or not your friend is open. If they are open, with no blockages, everything is moving in the right direction. If your friend isn't addressing anything themselves, it is possible for a blockage to come back. Stay connected, if appropriate, and assess their condition, check them out, direct them with some help, work on them again if they are open to it. You will be able to tell if they are "staying" open or not. Sometimes healing is instant, sometimes it can take several sessions. Your ability to detect blockages gives you the tool to monitor progress. Don't assume you didn't help your friend with the flu, just because they threw up. Your helping them happened. I think you are having success, you just aren't seeing it. Again, stay with it. Use the ability to feel the energy, to follow a friends progress. See them more than once if you have a question about their progress. If blockages return, remove them again. Keep this up, have them as involved as possible, stay with it until they are stable and on their own. Keep them/yourself open. The injury to your knee and arm may take some time. Don't just point your sword fingers that those places and think you are done. Check yourself completely on a somewhat regular basis. Keep yourself open. Do the exercises(lifestyle). Be sure to work with your whole system, not just specific problems that you address in a specific area connected to an injury or pain.

Joel Offline OP
OP Offline

Thankyou will Keep comming back for more information from time to time. Have changed my schedule from working out to mostly Qigong. Qigong has become a priority in my life, since I have realized that if I do not do the exercises, that I may miss the chance to help someone in great need.
Thank you again
Joel

JW Offline

Joel, I'm not sure what actice exercises you are doing, but I would encourage you to try giving some more time to "Beginning of the Universe" and if your knees can "work through" the standing aspect, "Breathing with the Universe". What has been your experience with these exercises or with "Seven Steps of New Life"? I have personally experienced pain relief with these exercises. I see them as well as the sword fingers work in Level 1 as a foundation for Level 2 work. Keep developing your own practice, including the Self Concentration exercise which provides an opportunity for each of us to work with our own energy blockages.
I have found my knees respond with pain to a severe squat, but are okay during and after standing qigong practice if I just slightly bend more knees.
It actually sounds to me like you are getting some pretty decent results with the examples you shared. One thing that popped into my mind when I think of people who don't respond is Chunyi Lin's point that some people such as engineers do not get benefit from this information healing. One might say they are concrete or process reality in a black or white way. To put this in another way, some people will likely not respond for reasons that have nothing to do with you.
I think you are getting pretty good results with others. Good luck in working with your knees.

JW Offline

Joel, in my previous post I forgot to congratulate you about your success in lowering your blood pressure. I think that's terrific. Way to go!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved