Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
markL Offline OP
OP Offline

I want to be able to heal other people (I realize a healer is just helping the other person's body to heal itself). I did not yet purchase the Spring Forest GiGong program yet. Please, I am looking for people's experiences in healing other people. Sure I believe Master Lin can heal people, but can a beginner, who hasn't spent years in a cave in China with several teachers, really learn to heal others from a study at home program?

How long does it take before I can begin to heal others?

How many session does it take to heal people? Does the patient also have to practice qigong for the healing to be effective?

Any experiences you've had with healing others, and how long it took you to learn, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me at mlev5@hotmail.com

Thank you so much.

Mark

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Mark,

Although the level 2 class is geared specifically to helping others heal, level 1 gives you the background for the work. The last part of Level 1 introduces you to working with others and teaches a method that you can start using right away. I happened to take level 1 from Maaster Lin in a classroom setting. When it came time to the healing others part, he asked who hadn't done ANY healing work in their life - as an energy healer, nurse, massage therapist, etc. I was the only one left raising my hand. I was to work on a woman in the group with a blockage in her neck. He took me aside, told me what I'd be doing (the same thing thats in the level 1 learning course), and in 2 minutes I was opening the woman's blockages.

As for how long it will take a person to heal, or how many times they will need to be worked on -that's up to the person's confidence and trust in you, how critical the problem is, if it's in a late stage, their environment, emotions and perceptions, what they may need to let go of or change, and how much love, kindness and forgivness they have for others and themselves.

Your faith, confidence, energy, visualization and focus also impact on this along with the amount of love, kindness and forgivness you embody. Your job is to assist their body in opening up the energy pathways. Their's is to keep them open.

Both the classroom experience and home learning courses are effective. Spring Forest Qigong is a way of life, a way of being. The technique is not as important as the amount of love in your heart when it comes to healing. Enjoy the course.

Much love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited March 14, 2002).]

JW Offline

I was very moved by Shawn's eloquent post. It was truly a gift. Thank you, Shawn. I also appreciate that part of the healing process depends on the other person, both during and after.
I would just add that developing your talents in this particular healing art is a process,a worthwhile one to be valued as much as the outcome, being able to help others more effectively. With the experience and practice of love , kindness, and forgiveness while doing SFQ, I am reminded that there is a completeness and beauty that is always there but becomes stronger when doing healing work and the healer gives up a separate self.

The music that comes with both Level 1 and 2 is simply wonderful. I am especially enjoying Back into the Universe which comes with Level 2. I enjoy working with it when healing myself and when trying to make myself
available to the universe to help others heal.

markL Offline OP
OP Offline

In response to Shawn and JW's replies, I have a question. They both emphasise having love in your heart, forgiveness, etc. when healing others. If this is the case, then why do practically all Masters of QiGong(at least the one's I've checked into)and other healing modalities charge $150-$300 for a healing session? (I do not know how much Master Lin charges). I do not think they are healing people because of the "love, kindness and compassion" in their hearts; I think they are doing it for the money, and this greatly disturbes me. This means that if I am wealthy, I can get a healing from a master, but if I am poor I can not. Not fair. No, I don't think this has anything to do with "love and compassion". Sorry..

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha,

I will second JW in regards to the Back to the Universe CD. I'll usually have track two running as my Rejuv clients come in for their appointment. I smile remembering back to a call right after Level 2 was released. The person said "The new CD is wonderful, he could just put together music and make a fortune!" The smiled came from knowing that like the Inner Beauty CD, the intention was not to make a million dollar seller, but have music to facilitate the work being done at that level. And speaking of money…

As for the other Masters and their prices that Mark mentions, I have no reference or judgement. What I can speak to is what Master Lin said in my level 2 class about it being a work of love, not money. He’s timing was ironic because at that moment a friend next to me was mentally figuring out how much money was being made on this class. Master Lin knows that one of the first road blocks to show up when learning to do this work with others is the tendency to get drawn into "What can I charge/make from this…" You’ll notice that just the word "money" (like the word "relationship"), tends to evoke issues or hidden judgments in people. We could have an in-depth discussion about there needing to be an exchange of energy(no pun intended), and about how one values and goes about charging for their time and talents. Master Lin is constantly giving of his time and talents. The charge put on his home/phone healing sessions allows for an exchange and the arrangement is worked out with the individual. Money is funny. I was in his three day, level 3 retreat when someone asked if the price could be more reasonable. From where the person was coming from, it was expensive and stretched her. For the rest of the group (that all turned around), it was a bargain for the level of information received and food included in comparison to any impactful 3 day training in that area.

My experience with those I’d consider masters of their arts (Linda Burnham, Chunyi Lin, Paul Scheele, David Wager, etc.), is that their time and talents end up best used contributing on a larger scale and nurturing new "masters". They create avenues for their gift/purpose/possibility to be shared with the world. If one feels they "need" or should have the "right" to have access that person’s time and gifts directly rather than go one of their students, they tend to be charged accordingly.

If what’s being charged does not occur to be a fair exchange to me, I’ll look elsewhere, and at the same time into myself to see what I am/am not willing to contribute/commit to making what I want happen. Spring Forest Qigong is a way of being, not just a one shot wonder. We each decide what we’re willing to take in, let go of and are commited to nurture.

Much love (and words), Shawn

Hel Offline

Shawn, is it really possible to learn this without direct guidance from a teacher?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha,

There’s a bit of my Dad's dry humor that wants to respond to your question with: "Hel Yes!"

Now that that's out of my system...People can, and are learning Spring Forest Qigong though the self study course. The course is set up to give you the foundation information (his class lecture), active exercises in a visual format and guided sitting meditations. For personal feedback, guidance and community support you have access to this forum and a 1-800 line to a qigong coach.

Is there something to being in a Master's energy while receiving the information? -yes. Do most of us want to ask a million questions making sure we're doing it perfectly and to address our specific needs? -yes. Would Chunyi answer most of these questions with "just do the exercise"? -yes. Most of the time there's the tendency to get stuck in the details or looking for tricks and shortcuts rather than just doing the work. This constantly comes up in the actual classes because we're so use to being spoon-fed information. He does a good job of acknowledging the questions, AND always brings it back to simplicity, reemphasizes doing the work with the intention of love, kindness and forgiveness.

Much love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited March 20, 2002).]

Hel Offline

I was hoping you would say yes. I guess my concern was more with regard to getting postures and movements corrected/guided by a more experienced person. It's hard to get all that accurately off a video and it's hard for me to see myself. So it's not so much asking a million questions but getting the hands on guidance. How do I get info on the classes? Does Chunyi have a website? Thanks for your help.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hel,

To get a listing of the Spring Forest Qigong classes and weekend retreats, contact Anoka Ramsey Community College (763-422-3303), and they'll send you a schedule.

The Spring Forest Qigong Association is talking about putting together a website. Questions or suggestions can be sent to Tom at qigong1@attbi.com

In regards to seeing how your doing mechanically with the active exercises, enroll someone else into learning the active exercises with you. Show your parents, grandparents, siblings, a friend, or relatives the promotional information that got you interested and they will most likely be interested in learning it too. Coming from a background of studying and teaching martial arts, I've experienced first hand that unless you have some decent wall mirrors or an instructor tweaking your height, angle and position, it's tough to tell where your at. With the SF Qigong active exercises, RELAX your body and mind. See and hear what Master Lin is doing on the video and just let your body follow it. Your focus is on what the exercise is doing with the energy -not about how exact your body is during the exercise. The person joining you is not there to tweak, just notice if your way off the first time. The toughest thing for most may be letting go of the technical, do the exercise, and just be in the emptiness.

Much love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited March 27, 2002).]

Good grief I don't charge and don't care if others do charge or what they charge. That is between them and the Universe. Some people have more on account with the universe or God or Jesus or what ever. I personally prefer to let the Universe decide when, if, how ect I get paid. All have felt better to some degree and I am grateful for that. Some people put up road blocks to their own healing, saying maybe in three weeks or I do a healing and he feels better then smokes a few cigarettes and wonders why the pain came back. To those people I wish them well, but they don't really want to be well, they just want the pain to go away.

Peace Joel

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved