Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48117 04/24/02 05:23 AM
OP Offline

Is it best to retrofit your environment where you practice Qigong to include plants, water fountain, soft lighting? In other words to try and replicate the outside(nature) to be inside.

#48118 04/25/02 12:45 PM
JW Offline

I would find it pretty tough to practice if my practice environment had a lot of ditracting stimuli, such as loud music, excessive clutter. On the other hand, I don't personally feel a need to practice in an environment such as you describe either.
It's problably what feels most comfortable for each person.
I have personally found the Inner Beauty and Back into the Universe CDs create a very helpful sound and emotional environment that helps me practice. Often I practice with my eyes closed. As you practice, try to notice what environments help you enter the emptiness, quietness, and stillness of the universe.
Kind regards, JW

#48119 04/26/02 12:15 AM
OP Offline

JW,

Thanks. You bring up a very good point!

#48120 04/27/02 04:57 PM

I think it is very important to have a personal environment to practice in. You don't necessarily have to duplicate a nature setting inside. I have an altar or focal point of sorts, I usually light a candle, burn incense , or sage, and pay respects to the masters energy before I practice. This is more important to me than a plant or a fountain. Not that those can't add to a nice space. I like to practice outside to connect with nature. In general, I like to keep my exercise/meditation space pretty spare, clean, and free from alot of electrical energy, or other interuptive energy.

#48121 04/29/02 12:20 AM
OP Offline

Sage?

I've recall there mention of burning Sage. Does that come in incese form? If I recall correctly, it's to create a enviro of relaxation?

Do you just light one candle to create a relaxed, calming aree to meditate?

Correct me if I'm wrong ... in which case I may be.

#48122 04/29/02 02:53 PM

Sage is a personal thing for me, nothing to do with the specifics of SFQ.
I prefer to look at this as creating connections, as opposed to placing "things" in a space. For me, when I light a candle, I say a personal prayer to higher spirits or the master's energy. If it is very early in the morning, perhaps dark, it creates a presence for me. I feel I am sharing my experience, and not alone. Everything is energy. Smoke has a vibrational energy to it. I have some sage that was given to me, that is from a very sacred place. It happens to have a very high vibrational energy to it, and is great for purifying a space, but again, connects to something. I could say the same about a plant, and nature, or a special thing from a special place. Candle light has a different energy to it than a light bulb,,, my prayers bring something else through. Just like the exercise, and calling in the master's energy. Your interior space is most important. Saying the words "I am in the Universe, the Universe is in my body, etc..., creates an interior space/place/feeling. Think of a candle, or incense, as a tool. You don't need them to meditate or relax. They are tools you can use, or not. Sitting in the dark of early morning, connecting to the universe, and opening your eyes to dawn's light is also great, and requires no tools, or a candle. There are no rules here. Plenty of room for personal preference, choices, creativity. You want to be comfortable in your space, and you want your space to support your exercise/meditation, or allow you to better relax, or enhance you spiritual experience...There isn't a set formula to this. It can be similar to the virtual compass idea too. You may do things specific to how you feel at the time, like, what's the best direction to face...

#48123 04/30/02 05:05 AM
OP Offline

Thanks Gallen.

Michael

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved