Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51568 11/25/04 05:49 PM
joefr Offline OP
OP Offline

Does anybody know of any Spring Forest teachers in the UK, or even better London?

Joe

#51569 11/26/04 06:21 AM

Hi Joe,
I'm in North East - Tyne & Wear and have also tried to get in touch with any SFQ teachers or practitioners in my area but so far have only found one person( In Northumberland) teaching a form of Qigong known as Wild Goose, which seems far more complicated than FSQ and isn't specific to healing.
I'm onto level 2 after 8 months on Level 1 and would be happy to contact you by Email if you want to discuss anything. However this forum is very helpful; even just to read the topics and answers esp. from Gallen and Iam2 who have some really excellent insights into SFQ.
Keep going - it really does work,
Love and Light
Faune

#51570 11/25/04 10:07 PM
joefr Offline OP
OP Offline

Faune

Thanks for getting back to me. I've only been practicing a week, so have a long way to go. Really I was thinking a teacher could check my form. But if no such thing exists, I will check out the forum, and would be happy to email with you.

Joe

#51571 11/26/04 03:53 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Form is simple. Go into the emptiness and simply and easily move your body as Chunyi Lin demonstrates on the Tape. Initially you can follow along with eyes open close them if they want.

While you may not have everything perfect, loving faster than Chunyi Lin, not sure about the breathing it's more benefical to notice the flow of your body, this allows you to notice the energy flowing through your body and if any minor adjustment is required to the movement, you'll notice it when you review the course.

As for questions ask away. We all have our own experiences with it.

Alex

#51572 11/26/04 10:43 AM

Hi Faune

I am from Hartlepool not to far from you.

I am also level 2 SFQ and have found great benefits from both the exercises and the meditations.

Love and Light
Kate

#51573 11/26/04 03:56 PM
joefr Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex

Being asthmatic, I am definitely having problems with the breathing. Either I move in accordance with my breathing in which case I move too fast, or I take extra breaths to make it fit the slower pace.

Joe

#51574 11/27/04 06:51 AM

Hi Joe,
Don't worry about form, the main thing is the INTENT. Everything comes from the mind, spirit, soul, whatever you call it. The brain = computer and it orders the body what to do to carry out the intent. If you KNOW what you are doing will work for you - then it will.
Eventually you will find you are able to do the exercises like Master Lin but it takes time and practice.
You do not have to be perfect, just have the intent!
Do initiate 'Small Universe' It is very powerful and will help your breathing. If I do nothing else I make sure I do Small Universe every day ( sometimes even in bed before I go to sleep!)
Love and light
Faune

#51575 11/26/04 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kate:
Hi Faune

I am from Hartlepool not to far from you.

I am also level 2 SFQ and have found great benefits from both the exercises and the meditations.

Love and Light
Kate

Hello Kate, I'm in Wallsend. I'm retired and have several health problems but have also found SFQ very beneficial. I'd love to go to levels 3 and 4 but they seem to have to be taught at courses in USA. Someone on this forum says you can get the manuals from some
High School in Minnesota but I haven't explored that yet - still learning level 2!
I don't know if we can directly swap Emails on this forum - maybe someone can let me know?
Love and light
Faune

#51576 11/26/04 07:32 PM

Faune, when you make your account you can setup and email address. I believe you can change it... I did once. Alex will know better than I, how to do this.

If you click on the sunglasses you'll see the person's profile and an email address, if the chose to include it.

The level III and IV manuals are not like the ones in the LSC courses. They are packed full of information, but are not as instruction.... or maybe that just the way I found them.

It's my impression that these books are only made available while attending the course or retreat.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51577 11/27/04 08:08 AM

If you want to make your email available for others on the forum just click on profile, enter your username and password. Then scroll down to the allow others to see my email. Check the check box, submit and you're done.

If anyone wants to have your address or you want to offer it, just tell them to click on the envelope or sunnies.

This is better than posting your email in a thread where the bots find it.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited November 27, 2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved