Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51816 02/22/05 01:23 PM
kate Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all

Thanks for your replies re gums they were very helpful.

Is there any particular Qigong treatment for Tinnitus?

Kate

#51817 02/22/05 11:18 PM

Kate. you might find something useful on the web.
http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/article/7/1680_53648.htm

Love, John

#51818 02/23/05 03:19 PM

Hi Kate,
Happy New Year..
The approach to healing in SFQ, does not stem from working with specific diagnosis's. If you are a healer utilizing SFQ technique, you would start, by scanning your client or friend. The energy is, as it is, and blockages can be detected. The other dynamic, would involve one practicing level I active exercise and engaging with a meditation practice, and/or utilizing level II material.

Tinnitus can be the result of many different possible scenerio's. The diagnosis, knowing someone has tinnitus, doesn't tell you much of anything. Reading the energy will tell you what's what.

After you read the energy, and engage with someone, you can perhaps intuit aspects of a particular person's circumstances. This might lead you to specific additional energy work. Say, someone has weak kidneys, or this blockage stems from a weakness or blockage there,.... after you clear them, you feed the kidneys with sword fingers, suggest dietary things relative to kidneys, like black sesame seeds, and perhaps suggest they limit there sexual activities, while they begin a self practice of qigong. Someone stressed out, and that being mixed in , might lead you elsewhere, as far as supplemental approaches or considerations within a qigong practice or method. Tinnitus resulting from an injury is totally different...
Intuition, can blossom through self practice.
Scanning can become literally seeing the energy, as Master Lin does.
This aspect of SFQ(qigong), really defines 'it', versus other healing modalities. Seeing, or detecting the energy, 'removing' excess energy, or blockages, balancing the energy, opening energy channels, etc.. This is very literal energy work. A very clear way to work with energy. 'Transformational' energy weaves in. Spiritual energy ... The SFQ healer can consciously utilize spiritual too, which is not as easy to pinpoint or track, in all its wonderful workings.

Scan them, read the energy, find the blockages, leave the diagnosis out of it.
love,
gallen

#51819 02/24/05 09:01 AM
kate Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

John82 thanks for that info.
Hello Gallen and Happy New Year to you too.

As I thought "let the energy be your guide".

Love and Light
Kate

#51820 02/25/05 03:12 AM

Another approach is to focus on the kidney meridian rather than the kidneys themselves. Flush out any blockages by guiding the kidney meridian backwards once and then forwards several times and do the same for the triple warmer meridian (you could use sword fingers), hold the triple warmer points for a while to sedate it, look for sore spots along triple warmer meridian from the eyebrow to down near the ear and massage them, and massage the central lymphatic points on the back of the head.

#51821 02/26/05 06:18 AM

Hi shr33m,
Please forgive my lack of clearity in what I posted. I never intended to suggest that Kate work directly on the kidneys, as a sole treatment for this, or a treatment, period. I mentioned the possibility of feeding the kidneys, 'after', a session II clearing. I also gave this whole part, as a possibility, if upon scanning, there were kidney blockages.

My sole intention was to emphasize 'scanning', or seeing, or reading the energy of this person, as opposed to working with a diagnosis. I gave one example of a possible kidney relationship, but I did not intend that to be what Kate should do. I did not scan this person. The tinnitus, could be from injury, or, be stress related, which would be a different deal, or whatever. The closest one can determine what is actually going on , is to read the energy.

I mentioned kidneys, just from knowing the relationship kidneys to ears, ala five element theory. This relationship is probably mentioned in the level II manual. A logical 'possibility' based in something related to this condition. If I matched that 'knowledge' to an exercise or treatment, as a course of action, I would be working in the dark somewhat, just as much as working from a diagnosis.

I am curious why you would suggest another medical qiqong approach? Even if the kidneys are involved. Do you find SFQ to be deficient, or not as effective, in your self practice or healing work?
love,
gallen

#51822 02/25/05 08:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gallen:
Hi shr33m,
Please forgive my lack of clearity in what I posted. I never intended to suggest that Kate work directly on the kidneys [...] Do you find SFQ to be deficient, or not as effective, in your self practice or healing work?
love,
gallen

Gallen, I'm surprised you would misinterpret me or be offended. I don't disagree with your post. I don't see any inconguences here. We're all just trying to help out, but it's up to the subject to choose whatever works. But ya gotta love the diversity of views forum users share. I'm reminded of a post made elsewhere by Mr. Ed:

If you have spent any time reading [forums], the general pattern of such exchanges will be familiar to you. It goes something like this:

• "I think A, B, C and D".
  • "I agree with D, but you totally missed the point on B because of E".
  • "Actually, B is true because of F, E doesn't matter because of G and your mother wears army boots".
  • "Only fools think F, and you totally forgot about H and I".

And so it goes on. Disagreements go unresolved, discussions get sidetracked, assertions go unsupported, claims go unquestioned. This is not the stuff of "thoughtful" discourse, but simply the knee-jerk, back-and-forth salvos of petty one-upmanship.

As a kahuna once said,

A'ohe pau ka'ike i ka halau ho'okahi.

All knowledge is not taught in one school.

#51823 02/26/05 01:26 AM

Hi Shr33m,
I did misinterpret your post. When you referenced " you don't have to focus on the kidneys themselves", I felt it as connecting to my earlier post, and didn't want Kate to just assume a kidney connection. I felt the need to clearify my original emphasis on scanning first. I know Kate, and that probably made me more sensitive to keeping things clear between our posts.

I agree that all knowledge is not taught in one school. Relative to this thread, you are talking from the same school I am.
love,
gallen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved