Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51990 04/25/05 12:05 AM
Etoile Offline OP
OP Offline

I had a strange experience today while practising the Moving of Yin and Yang - I sometimes experience bouts of dizziness throughout the day so I began my exercises this morning with the intent to "be deeply centered and peaceful". During the Moving of Yin and Yang I often feel the energy strongly and it will sometimes force my head backwards but today the energy rotated my upper body to the right as far as I could turn. This took me offguard because it felt very strange to continue the exercise from such a twisted position and I wasn't sure if I should try to continue on from that position or not. Each time that I slowly moved my upper torso back to the beginning position, the energy would immediately move me back to right. Not knowing what to do, I decided to moved on to the next exercise rather than continue in a twisted position. In retrospect I imagine that I should have trusted the universal energy and stayed with the position. But it does seem strange that if my intent was to be "deeply centered" that I would end up in such a position.

If this happens again, what would the appropriate response be?

Love
Etoile

#51991 04/25/05 12:30 AM

Hi

Your experience sounds interesting. I've had my body move into several positions not just during the active exercises but also during the meditations. In meditations, my body is sometimes forced to move in ways I never would dream of, and I end up feeling a powerful release afterwards. My suggestion is to go with whatever happens, and stop when it gets too much for you.

KWLee

#51992 04/25/05 03:33 PM

Maybe it was the Master's energy trying to reposition you in a better direction for doing your exercises?

If it happens again, maybe you could move your whole body in that direction and see what happens.

#51993 04/25/05 07:39 PM

Go with the flow..

If your master is teaching you, try your best to learn.

Contemplate the possible teaching you receive/received and your thoughts and actions before, during, and after.

Seems like the energy is uh, "straightening" you out.

Redhunter

#51994 04/25/05 11:31 PM

Etoile, do you ever use the compass method to select your meditation orientation? Perhaps you request resulted in an effort to re-orient you to get the most benefit from your meditations. - Just a thought -

My normal advice is to stay with what is happening as best you can. Adopting an accepting none judging attitude of gratitude towards the loving energy. Trust in your master's energy, don't try and understand or interpret it.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51995 04/25/05 11:48 PM
Etoile Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I don't always use the compass to position myself but this morning I did to see if this would change things. I had the same experience as yesterday - upper torso rotated to the right and so continued in that position - as a result the energy took me through a variety of positions. I'm glad that I stayed with the energy today. I've had back problems for several years - maybe I'm being "realigned"? I suppose asking to be "deeply centered" has many possible interpretations. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you all.
Love
Etoile

#51996 04/26/05 11:22 AM

Dear Etoile
Absolutely go with, and implicitly trust the energy and Master Lin - several months ago I experienced some very similar and extremely powerful movements like you are now going through - and I had a very weak, sore back as well. It sometimes is difficult and even scary to believe that the body is capable of holding the sometimes contortion like positions that the energy puts us into but believe me, it and Master Lin know precisely what they are doing!

We are very privileged to be students of Master Lin and I for one am eternally grateful.
Warm regards
Jetay

#51997 04/26/05 01:12 PM
Etoile Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Jetay - Thanks for your words of encouragement. I believe you are absolutely right - that I must stay with the energy. Again this morning I was taken through a variety of "rotations". I feel sure that there is a reason for this and have overcome my fear of just letting the energy take over. The last few mornings have certainly been interesting! I too feel very grateful for the experience and support that we have from Master Lin and each other.

Love
Etoile

#51998 04/26/05 03:41 PM

Etoile,

There is a form of energy medicine called Integrative Manual Therapy (you can google these)the foundation of which is "Jones Strain Counterstrain" technique. There are a multitued of positions that the body is placed in depending on what needs to be achieved. The pictures in the books are quite 'contorted' looking and sometimes require assistance to achieve especially as we loose mobility due to the things of life. So , imho, I believe that this may be what is going on ... sometimes it is easier to walk into something new when we know that it is just new for us.

Looking forward to hear of your experience.

#51999 04/27/05 01:58 PM
Etoile Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Marrs - Thanks for your post. I have tried a variey of therapies for back pain over the years. The Int. Manual therapy reminds me of the osteopathic treatments that I have received in the past - a type of energy work with a variety or strange positions. It is intriguig to think that the SFQ can take me through similar movements without the need of a therapist.

Each morning this week during Active Ex. I have experienced something similar, yet different to the day before. This morning the energy took me through similar movements to yesterday but at a quicker pace. Possibly I'm just relaxing more today and letting things "happen". The movements reminded me of a cork or bolt being unscrewed. The most challenging part has been to find an "opening" of time to feel comfortable to stop and move on to the ending exercises (limited a.m. timeframe due to work).

I have decided not to question what is happening and just "go with the flow" and see where it takes me. I'm trying not to "look" for results and just relax - I remember reading somewhere not to get too attached to experiences or results as they may be just signposts along the wasy. But so far this experience has been a big boost for my level of trust and confidence - less fear, that can only be good!

Thanks again for your post.
Love
Etoile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved