Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11653 11/02/01 08:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 13
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 13
I just received my Spanish Language course and I'm really looking forward to it.

I have my relaxation techinques down rather well- tho not as good as when I was younger- still need practice.

Any additional suggestions on using this course or whatever to help me learn/improve my retention, learning, and recall of the language. I have done my search thru the archives- but hearing from everyone again- or from the new people (like me) will be helpful.

I am saving up for the Photoreading course and the Memory Supercharger tape is my next buy.

Any other techniques or suggestions.

Thanks






#11654 11/02/01 09:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 35
Member
Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 35
Hi there Visionwolf. I got my EasyLearn Spanish course about 3 weeks ago.. and I must say, I'm quite impressed. My strategy for learning the language (which, I might add, is turning out to be quite surprising in its results) has been to photoread my English-Spanish dictionary (a great one: The Oxford Spanish Dictionary, second ed. rev.) the night before going through the tapes, then letting it all incubate for a few days while I try to speak Spanish with anyone I can find who is fluent in the language.

Whats surprising is how much I'm beginning to understand. Just last night I talked for a while with a woman from Chile who doesn't speek a word of english.. and had a pretty decent conversation (except for the long pauses I had to take while trying to understand what she had just said.. remember to let 'em know you're a newbie before you get started.. lest they think you a weirdo and decide to run :-) )

All in all, I think this course is a great base for learning Spanish (the other two must be quite interesting too). Just remember to take it easy and let whatever happens be ok. The quickest way to get nowhere is to try to get everywhere fast.

Well.. enough talking. I think I'll go whip out my tape player and have another session. Good luck

Sceptor






#11655 11/03/01 01:17 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 13
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 13
I haven't learned photoreading yet, so I'll be learning right off the tapes.

I'm learning to speak to my friend in Chile as well.






#11656 11/03/01 03:19 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 35
Member
Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 35
Thats OK. You can still reap what the program has to offer. I would suggest listenning when you are relaxed (and can afford to take your time). Really get into the visualisations.. I find myself smiling and feeling good when I do.

Don't forget: Cierre los ojos, y respire despacio. Es facil. Just relax and have fun. Good luck!!

Sceptor







Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.081s Queries: 21 (0.023s) Memory: 2.9984 MB (Peak: 3.5956 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 08:47:24 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS