Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 220
Member
Member

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 220
Siddharta by Hermann Hesse
damn, this one gets more and more beautiful everytime I read it.
It's about an indian son of a religious man who goes into the world in search of enlightenment.
It's about being able to find your own path to happiness and peace, not blindly following some mainstream religion.

Some reviewers on amazon.com believed that this book is about the Buddha (whose name was Prince Siddharta), and felt that it wasn't an authentic description of Buddha: yes, the protagonists name is "Siddharta"; yes, he goes through most of the stuff Buddha went through; but it is NOT about Buddha. It's about Siddharta and his companion, who struggle to find what they left home looking for.

READ IT!






Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 208
Member
Member

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 208
I read it in 9th grade...SUCKED! Haha, no offense. The overall theme was interesting, it just wasn't my piece of cake.






Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 131
Member
Member

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 131

One of the best books I have read os 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt.







Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 92
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 92
Anyone read "Universe in a nutshell" by steven hawking?






Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 410
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 410
Hawking is funny






Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Member
Member

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 111
Has anyone checked out LSC's new e-book, "Personal Power?" I received an email about it last week and wanted to know if it contains anything really new. It sounds a lot like "Think and Grow Rich." Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Hammond






Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 106
Member
Member

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 106
Did you like Steve Hawking's book? Any thoughts? I have never read any of his books but I have seen his name floating around for quite sometime.






Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 92
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 92
I haven't read it yet, I just saw it and thought it looks interesting. Sorry.. but it is on my 2-do list... assuming I ever get to it






Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 410
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 410
What the **** is with that attitude? Get reading man. Read in class, nothing I do in class is important anyways. I think I'm extremely ADD now. Have no idea as to how to work what so ever.







Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 31 (0.016s) Memory: 3.0215 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 05:40:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS